• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What would I like or what I think would happen? For what I think would happen, I think the more expensive you are the harder it'll be for you to go to another soap. The so-called "Big Four" would have a pretty tough time, I think. I could see KA and PR doing primetime appearances though, and the younger actors will find there way in any case. For the mid-level actors I think it depends on chance, what part happens to be available before they decide to move on out of soaps. Obviously finding a permanent home is different than a limited run too. Sorry, no definite answers, I don't know enough about particular payrolls and character preferences of different writers to answer specifically.

• Members

With the condition of soaps, I can't see anyone paying big paychecks to vets. Besides, now that Trassions is canceled, there are going to be quite a few umemployed actors and models. Daytime is in bad shape, so I can only see the cheap nontalented getting the jobs, especially since daytime has convinced themselves that this is what the audience wants (wasn't a tough sell because they are a bunch of morons)...

On the flipside, now that Trassions is going off the air, this would be a good time for soaps to begin to raise the bar again. The possibility of a turnaround for the industry does exist...

ANDREA

Archived