DAYS- Tuesday, February 20th

• Members

Bugs the heck out of me too. There is no reason why the good stuff Days does can't be timed to occur at sweeps. I don't want sweeps to be the only time it's good, but I see no reason why the in-between stuff would necessarily have to suffer if sweeps was good (it's just that some shows ignore times in between sweeps, but it's not a necessity). I hope we get a decent spring sweeps and an awesome summer sweeps, an an absolutely amazing November sweeps. I can be real about Days needing time to get things clicking, but they have to be at least trying to plan in advance.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drew I look forward to the show every day now too. It took me a little longer but I do. I watch it on SoapNet because there is no way I will give up GL now to watch it live. When Days turned me off, I tuned in to GL and I fell in love with it again.

But back to Days. I look forward to the show (except for when a certain blonde is on :lol: ), but since December Days has been in the same boat as ATWT was for awhile - it is boring. And it has nothing to do with not being upset just about certain things it is just the stories are lacking big time. I love the good acting, the good dialogue, etc. but all of it falls flat if the story is just not there. And if the same characters dominate the time. And it does hurt if the majority of the characters that are on all the time are not your faves. And face it we all have those we don't like and those we do like on every show we watch - and that has nothing to do with the fan based thing or only watching for characters. That is the problem you face when you choose to feature a character or set of characters all the time.

For a long time ATWT pushed Simon/Carly/Katie, the teens, Paul/Meg/Craig/Emily and there were a few things thrown in there from time to time but they got the bulk of the time. I hated it because it was too much and them being on almost every day made the stories that much worse than they really were.

HOgan started that trend at ATWT and would write for characters like that all the time. Well since December that is what I am seeing on Days. Right now it is Shelle/Philip/Willow; EJ/Sami/Lucas; Patch/Kayla; Chelsea/Nick/teens - every day. It just gets old and causes the stories to get stale quicker too - at least for me.

I mean just like I said and just about every one else said during the last few months on ATWT - if you are going to keep the same folks on you have got to pick the stories up and make them move faster, because if they don't they appear boring and stagnant.

• Members

You are right about Hogan choosing his favorite characters and writing nothing but them. ATWT fans warned us about this last summer and it's coming true. I'm lucky I guess because aside from Marlena, all of my favorite characters are also Hogan's favorite characters, with the exception of Kayla. :yuck: :)

• Members

Great Sami scenes -- if only she were ACTUALLY raped and didn't LIE to Celeste.

Now, Hogan, we have to have that reveal too! When Celeste yells at Sami for making her feel compassionate over a rape that didn't even happen!

As for Kayla, how can the writers or wardrobe HONESTLY think we believe Steve would go for her? He's dangerous, she's FRUMPY-ASS. And she looks like an IDIOT in that nightgown.

PURITAN!!

Archived