SON Top 40

juniorz1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are right. I always get the two confused in my Hollywood trivia. Geraldine Fitzgerald was a great English actress too. She was a classmate of Vivien Leigh and lifelong friend of Maureen O'Sullivan and Mia Farrow referred to her as aunt many times.

Fitzgerald was the mother of director Michael Lindsay Hogg who has done a lot of TV movies.

Fitzgerald was an Oscar nominee too. Soaps were big in the mid to late 60's at getting the movie performers from the 40s and 50s to come to daytime.

Ann Sheridan came to Another World; Anne Revere came to several soaps including Search For Tomorrow and was heavily promoted there; Dana Andrews to Bright Promise; Macdonald Carey to Days of Our Lives; Hugh Marlowe to Another World; Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas starred on Love Is A Many Splendored Thing; Geraldine Fitzgerald & Gale Sondergard to The Best of Everything - just to name a few.

• Members

Yes it would be fair. I excluded both because basically Ford had been in soaps from 1954 on. She came to soaps early just like former starlet Mary Stuart.

And Ruth Warrick was basically returning to soaps after already making a splash in them in 1950's on both The Guiding Light and As The World Turns.

Archived