ATWT: The 100 Things We Love About It

• Members

Two themed episodes. One with the cast as sitcoms. The other had the older female cast (Nancy, Babs, Kim, Susan, Lisa, Emma and Lucinda) stuck in the woods pseudo-reminiscing. The only thing memorable about the second was a little tribute to Larry Bryggman. At least IMO. I know The Munsonsters is up at youtube if you want to catch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AVYAKUs6YU

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. There should have been a lot more clips in that episode, but the Larry Bryggman/John Dixon montage wasn't the only good thing about it. The clips from the Susan/Bob/Kim triangle of the early 1990s were awesome as was the stuff with Lucinda, Holden, Lily, Iva, and Josh from the 1980s. The clips/flashbacks were all good, there just wasn't enough of them.

Anyway, here are some more additions...

57. ATWT is *the* soap opera, as far as I am concerned. It was number one for 20 straight years for a reason, and even if the ratings are still low, I know for a fact that many of the viewers who watched the show 30-40 years ago are still watching it now. I love the fact that just by spending an hour everyday, I can be a part of the show's legend and legacy.

58. I love that while the show isn't exactly scoring big in the multigenerational department right now, it still exists. There have been six generations of the Hughes family represented on the show (Pa Hughes>Chris Hughes>Bob Hughes>Tom Hughes>Casey Hughes>Billy Norbeck) and I highly doubt they will be phased out anytime soon, especially with Casey squarely put in the fertile baby-making soap age range and with Daniel growing older.

• Members

59. I like that, until recently anyway, the show didn't rely on cheap stunts and completely unbelievable storylines. I like that ATWT is always somewhat realistic (for a soap opera.)

60. The history of the show. It's nice when they use it (albeit not often), and I love learning about it. :)

Okay...I think we can make it to 100!!

• Members

61. Fantastic actors (Hiring some of the best around): Roger Howarth, Jennifer Landon, Jesse Sofer, to name a few.

62. Leaving the door open for people to return, instead of killing them off: Such as Mark Collier & Cady McLain.

63. Better then average use of cast: They are the best at using their older & younger cast in storylines, instead of just concentrating on the teen scene.

64. Realizing that just catering to viewers under 30 is a bad idea. (Take notice ABC) ATWT is aware that without the older audience, the show would be dead.

65. Dropping stupid storylines and bad actors before losing the entire audience: Yes it may seem like the boxing story or Margo's affair went on too long, but in the soap world, it was actually pretty short.

Archived