Registration Issues

juniorz1

• Members

A few people that have tried to join SON have contacted me, saying that their accounts aren't being validated and they're unable to post or log in. I promised I'd try to get to the bottom of why it's happening and hopefully, offer them a solution to the issue. Any ideas on why this could be happening? I asked them and they all use Firefox as their browser......

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've ran into the same problem with friends who I've recently gotten to register SON accounts. Everytime they try to post, it tells them that they "do not have permission to reply to that topic." I was left feeling like an ass for getting them to register for no reason... I assume it has something to do with the recent problems on the board lately (quote not working, fast reply not working, all the problems mentioned in the "No Header" thread, etc.)

• Webmaster

99.99 percent of the time it is because accounts have not been validated by the user. Any recently transactions are currently under review due to a settings change requiring Admin approval. Pending accounts will receive responses tomorrow, and a new contact email will be made available to all members.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

One particular user has now registered two different accounts and this has now happened twice. Both times, she received her validation email and followed the instructions accordingly. It said her validation was complete, but when she goes to post, SON tells her that her account is still validating. The names that she's registered under are Tracy and JuliaWainrightCapwell. The browser she uses is Mozilla 2.0. If you'd like to email her directly, she gave me permission to give you her address. It's [email protected]. Hopefully, whatever issue she and others are having can be resolved.

Archived