AMC: Hotsheet Spoilers

• Members

ANOTHER FUSION MURDER!

The women of Fusion are under attack and no one is safe� Ryan and Jonathan are devastated when Erin becomes the serial killer's next victim. Kendall, Bianca, Babe, and Danielle all insist on banding together and working despite Erin's death. Zach continues to have memories of the mystery woman and worries about the similarities with Erin and Simone's deaths. Could a woman from his past lead to murder in the present? In his time of grief over his sister, Ryan finds comfort in Annie's arms and they share a kiss. »

Q. I know that Maggie is coming back in January (on AMC), but I would like to know: Who is going to play "Maggie"? Is it going to be the same girl that played her last time? - Kathleen T. O'Connell, Staten Island, NY

A. Yes! Elizabeth Hendrickson will be reprising her role.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
And may it be Maggie's permanent swan song.

Here's the AMC feature on the ABC Hotsheet for Week of Dec 11.

First of all, what "giddiness and exitement" over Maggie...they've NEVER been together as a couple onscreen. Retconning ABC assholes.

Secondly, I do not believe that Bianca is going straight or bi- or will actually have physical romantic relationship with Zarf. It's obvious they're adding the lesbian attraction angle, to

a.) further sensationalize the TG story, increasing publicity....as this is a ratings stunt (and frankly, AMC needs one)

b.) avoid/delay, once again Bianca having a lesbian relationship onscreen with a biological/genetic woman (sorry if I missed the appropriate term)

c.) possibly allow Bianca more onscreen physical action (let's see how many kisses Zarf gets in what period of time...it took Bianca nearly 3 YEARS to get that historic, first kiss with Lena at the airport)

d.) help establish with the audience that Zarf is indeed, NOT a man, NOT a straight woman, but a gay woman trapped in a man's body...by having a lesbian trapped in a woman's body (Bianca) attracted to Zoe. It helps legitimize Zoe's lesbianism with the audience, at least I believe McT thinks so.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the marketing whores at ABCD are retailing Bianca being confused about her well-established sexuality. As I said earlier, I think she's staying gay and staying physically attracted to biological females, but they are blaring "LESBIAN KISSES MAN!/LESBIAN KISSES TG! to attract the rubbernecker contingent and are introducing "confusion" about her sexuality just to give the TG storyline enough kink to make it's way TMZ and around the friggin' globe. TPTB are using Bianca, again..,but they so very rarely give back to the character.

Besides, does it make one. damned. bit. of sense that a lesbian, who's NEVER had sex with men, who within the last three years was raped by a man, would be attracted to a physical male? Hell, no.

I think this story will ultimately play out satisfactorily (until they decide they have to cut their losses and kill the story if it doesn't go over), despite the issue I have with Bianca's confusion over/attraction to Zarf. There is no doubt in my mind that Eden and Jeffrey will give the story more gravitas than McTravesty can put on the page.

I like someone paying attention to Bianca as a desireable woman, though it needs to be a woman....a woman who is not afraid to be gay (and doesn't cheat!). It's nice seeing Bianca in a role other than victim, it's been a long time. I've even found myself looking forward to Zarf and Bianca's scenes.

I've enjoyed what I've seen thus far and the TG story is refreshing in it's difference. Just don't sell out Bianca's sexuality to tell it.

So you can see my feelings about it all are rather complicated. I applaud the TG storyline, welcome it to AMC and Daytime. Just think they've made a mistake, by have Zarf/Zoe be a lesbian (which unnecessarily complicates the TG issues for the uninitated, imo) and having Bianca, even in passing, reconsider her sexuality. She's too damned important a character, imo.

Bring on Leslie, The Comfort Lesbian.

Archived