BOBBY

King

• Members

Anyone planning on seeing it today or this weekend? I am! :) I love the Kennedy's, and the cast is OUTSTANDING.

Harry Belafonte

Nick Cannon

Emilio Estevez

Laurence Fishburne

Heather Graham

Anthony Hopkins

Helen Hunt

Joshua Jackson

David Krumholtz

Ashton Kutcher

Shia LaBeouf

Lindsay Lohan

William H. Macy

Demi Moore

Freddy Rodríguez

Martin Sheen

Christian Slater

Sharon Stone

Mary Elizabeth Winstead - SOAP SHOUT OUT!

Elijah Wood

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched Bobby on Saturday and was really impressed by the acting. Sharon Stone and Demi Moore gave outstanding performances, particularly Sharon Stone. I was really surprised how good they were.

I didn't know much about the movie before going to see it so it was a big surprise to see actors like Harry Belafonte and Lindsay Lohan onscreen.

Emilio Estevez did a great job with directing and writing the script. There were some really powerful scenes b/w Sharon Stone and William H. Macy who played a married couple in the movie.

Also, I liked Larry Fishburne's character as well. He plays the sage so well.....

Kudos to the actors, writers and editors of the film. The film editors should probably get an Oscar nomination. They did a great job at splicing(?) real life scenes of Robert Kennedy throughout the movie. The film's audience doesn't see Bobby Kennedy except for the back of his head and the vintage film clips of him. I liked the way they carried it off rather than allowing some ham to imitate Bobby....

Highly recommended!!!

• Members

I also saw this movie over the weekend, wasn't as good as I was hoping, but definetly still a very solid picture.

The acting is the most impressive part of this film IMO, Sharon Stone was BY AND FAR the major standout of the cast....her scenes were so powerful and so damn good, definetly the best work of her career and definetly oscar-worthy type of stuff.

Demi Moore and William H. Macy were also VERY good, but if an actor is going to get the Oscar nod from this film it will come in the form of Sharon Stone, who is undeniably good.

The writing is also pretty good in this film, it will probably get a screenplay nomination and MAYBE a directing nod. Best Picture and Best Supporting Actress are almost givens IMO.

Archived