Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillepe SPLIT.

WillenFan21

• Members

http://www.tmz.com/2006/10/30/reese-wither...hillippe-split/

If you go here: http://celebworld.org/004reesenews1.html it is rumored that Ryan cheated on her.

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe Split

Posted Oct 30th 2006 1:40PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Break-Ups

Reese and Ryan split

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe have separated. The couple's rep released a statement to TMZ Monday morning that says "We are saddened to announce that Reese & Ryan have decided to formally separate. They remain committed to their family and we ask that you please respect their privacy and the safety of their children at this time."

Sources tell TMZ Witherspoon has contacted celebrity divorce lawyer Robert Kaufman, who has represented Jennifer Aniston, Roseanne and Lisa Marie Presley.

Sources say Witherspoon spoke with Kaufman about divorcing Ryan Phillippe, her husband of seven years. The couple has two children. They met at Witherspoon's 21st birthday party.

As for why Witherspoon contacted Kaufman, we're told it was not triggered by one event. Rather, one connected source says it was "cumulative."

Divorce papers have not yet been filed.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, nothing about Hollywood relationships and the end of them is a big surprise.

I saw this coming somewhere down the line anyways....they've been having problems off and on in their marriage, even after the birth of their second child.

I noticed way back in March of 06 that things were strained, especially when it came down to the Oscars. He looked subdued and not that all connected with her. Since Crash, Ryan hasn't had much movie success, and he finally has it with Flags of Our Father; so I can see how he feels like he's in the background of Reese's fame.

It is unfortunate that they can't work things out; but this after all is how a some of the relationships in Hollywood end; one person becomes bigger/larger than life, the other person becomes envious; problems continue to arise, and they finally call it quits.

• Members

It is weird, considering that they were in US magazine being said to be 'stronger than ever'

I truly loved them; they were cute together. She (Reese) admitted on Oprah that when they got married, after their second year, or even before then, they began going to marriage counseling, which was good, but counseling can only help so much.

I followed Reese ever since her movie Man in the Moon....

• Members

After Demi and Bruce, Nicole and Tom, and Dennis and Meg Ryan, I kind of came to the conclusion that NO celebrity marriage would last, but R&R seemed to have good heads on both of their shoulders. Not that it means anything, but...I don't know. This does shock me for some reason.

• Members

If there is one Hollywood couple that are still going strong, that is Will and Jada. They've been married for nearly 10 years and I hope that they continue to do good in their marriage.

I've never understood the whole getting jealous of your spouses success. I guess since I'm really not a jealous person by nature and if I were married to someone and we had the same career and they are doing extremely well, I would be so proud and so happy for them. As for me, I would continue to do try my hardest at what I do and continue to suport my spouse as well. They should share in each others success instead of being jealous or envious.

• Members

They were one of the only Hollywood couple I really liked b/c they were so real and Resse said many times how she didn't want to fake it by saying everything in their marriage was perfect, like how in Hollywood it's often portrayed by other couples.

They're so cute, and Ava their daughter looks just like Reese.

If Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. split next, I'm done with believeing these actors can actually try to make it for the long haul.

Archived