Le Grande Dame of Daytime -Loving Jeanne Cooper

SuperFlyChad

• Members

You gotta love Le Grande Dame of Daytime, The Young and the Restless :wub: :wub: Jeanne Cooper :wub: :wub: . It's astonishing at 77 years old Jeanne still has the energy, motivation, and fantastic acting styles she has had years ago. Her onscreen chemistry with her long-standing rival, now daughter, Jill Abbott(Jess Walton) has provided Jeanne with BRILLIANT work over the years, and she's always delievered the goods. Not to mention the rival story-telling between Katherine/Jill has made Y&R soared in the ratings for over three decades, which was such a shame when TPTB made them related. Still whether their friends or foes these two are undeniably one of THE best duo in daytime history. She has also garnered herself a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Jeanne Cooper still is, and will always be a class act in television.

jeanne6hi.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Righty Oh! I really appreciate Jeanne's work over the years, even though I haven't seen it all, just reading back on some of it makes me know that she was fantastic. I Love her demanding screen prescence, and her waving arms, she is the best. Hopefully Jeanne/Jess will be in another meaty storyline again.

• Members

Now HER I'll support! :) Cooper is Y&R's best actress, always has been and will be as long as she stays with the show (which I hope is forever). Katherine is such a great character. I'm not really liking that she and Jill were mother and daughter but it's been great seeing her dish out the stuff.

• Members

Jeanne Cooper is like a fine wine. Her presence on screen, is so full of gravitas, something that you can only get from someone with both her life and work experience. She has that old-school movie quality about her. And full of energy that many young actors should have. She's a queen.

And, I love that wit that she has, I'm she she's fun to meet. If she's anything like the many articles I've read about her, I'm sure she is.

• Members

Might I add she has some of the best facial expressions. Moreso in the past she acted solely alone with them, and the audience could feel the characters pain, love, anguish, joy, sadness. She's brilliant, I :wub: her. Time to give the Grande Dame a GRAND storyline, not playing granny to pathetic Mac/JTs she's WAYYY better than that.

• Members

:lol: Asking too much there Chadsky.

I agree she needs to stop playing Mac and JT's cheerleader (sorry Kath but even you can't make me like them) and get her own story. The eventual reveal that she and Jill aren't mother/daughter (if they're still doing it) should be good.

• Members

From CBS Soaps In Depth magazine, November 1, 2005 issue:

"Cooper To Join Sister Soap?

It seems that THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL executive producer and headwriter Bradley Bell is about to make good on his promise to have a character from Y&R's Genoa City appear on it's sister soap.

The In Depth Story:

Shortly after John McCook (Eric) crossed over to Genoa City in August, Bell vowed that "a prominent Y&R cast member" would return the favor by appearing on McCook's soap B&B. It appears that Genoa City grande dame Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) is the crossover recruit in question.

Although a representative for B&B would not confirm Cooper's appearance, Soaps In Depth has learned that Katherine's involvement on B&B will include a business bombshell that could change the hierarchy at Forrester Creations forever."

• Members

I can't wait to see Katherine rumble with the Forresters. (Shame she has to switch soaps to get a storyline!)

Jeanne is a classic. The looks, the mannerisms, the voice. She has been in my living room for so long I feel like I know her.

Archived