Has Father Joe Lost Control of Jessica and Ashlee?

Sweet_VeeVee24

• Members

Guess it was bound to happen to him sooner or later: Looks like Jessica and Ashlee Simpson have grown fed up and tired of their father/manager (control freak) and decided to move somewhere together to break free from him.

According to US Magazine, Ashlee had enough of Joe when he leaked that her sister would be making an appearance at the Victoria Secret Pink Bash, an event that was supposed to be the guest of honor of. When she found out, she grew upsset by him trying to upstage her by putting the focus on Jessica, and refused to talk to him. Jessica, however, was a no-show....Her reasons? To avoid Joe of course.

US Weekly stated that things between Jessica and Joe have been somewhat rocky since he butted in her decision to break things off in her marriage to Nick Lachey; sources, stated that Joe told Jessica to tell Nick during Thanksgiving that the marriage was over, simply because he didn't want him at the family dinner; also telling her that she'd be far more marketable if she were single and not married.

Personally, Jessica should have broke free from Joe a long time ago; especially when he started pushing his butt all up in her marriage. She should have figured out that she needed to break from him the minute he started talking about her breasts and how he was upset that she lost her virginity to Nick.

If this is true, then I say more power to them...Joe seems more like a dictator, not a loving father or a reasonable manager...He's more interested in filling his bank account than being happy in what his daughters do.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The sisters need to do this. I think if they took control of their careers or found a manager that cared more about their singing than their tits and asses, they would be better off. A father doesn't make sexual remarks like that about his daughters, and if he wasn't so controlling, Nick would still have a wife.

Joe has always favored Jessica over Ashlee and that Victoria's Secret thing is proof. It was only a matter of time before the girls got tired of his behavior.

• Members

I also read the article in USweekly, and it says that Joe made remarks about the first time Jess got a fitting of her first bra, at an MTV meeting. A father has NO business talking about his daughter's assets.

I don't think the marriage broke up just b/c of him, as Jess stated. Jessica is very spoiled, and was always put on a pedestal by both her parents. This is a woman that admitted never knowing how to take a dentist appointment b/c her mother always took it for her. She always picked up after her as well, and that's why she was such a mess in Newlyweds. Add to that the fame and media getting to her head, and she's not like Nick who has stayed down to earth, partly b/c he was very responsible when he was young, and had parents who made him take care of himself.

Nick is so much better off without that family, he's such a great guy. I like him and Drew a lot, they're just so funny and real.

• Members

Wait, I am SO confused. Jessica abstained from having sex until she and Nick married (an achievement I applaud). Anyway, since that's true, did Joe say he didn't agree with the Nessica sex before or after they separated? Because it's harsh anyway but if it was before their loveboat hit the rocks, that's really mean!

• Members

Joe's wife said that he moped and brooded from the time Jessica got engaged, to the time she started planning her wedding, and even at the day of the ceremony...He didn't take a 'liking" to Nick until it was announced that MTV would be doing the Newlywed series with them. :rolleyes:

I can actually picturing him sobbing "My beautiful virgin daughter is going to leave me for another man." Give me a break...His daughters are nothing more than dollar signs to him.

Archived