Bindi Irwin's Court Problems

cassadine1991

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont get why this is an issue now though. DWT's current season has been going on for weeks and she's been on it. Why wasnt this settled before she signed a contract? Also, Irwin has been dead for years so the mother and/or hospital/Australia should have a death certificate.  I dont get why that would be so hard for them to submit one

• Members

Bindi only needed her mother's permission to appear on the show, this contract is in regards to payment. Because she is a minor, payment would normally be given to her parents. Her mother signed the appropriate forms to waive that, meaning that bindi can be paid directly. However, the law is that BOTH parents have to consent, unless one is deceased, etc. So the judge is requiring Bindi prove her father is dead so they can waive his signature. Why the judge can't just do a quick Google search is beyond me, but alas that's how it is. 

• Members

thanks for that. Google search isnt a legally binding document. Anything can be put on the internet. I still dont understand how this is an issue and why the mother doesnt just present a death certificate. It shouldnt be that hard to have one faxed to the court. If this were a soap, I would think they faked his death and she's hiding him out somewhere

• Members

To me, it seems like the media is jumping on a much ado about nothing story.  This is merely legal protocol, not some scandalous, elaborate plot to rob her of her money.  DWTS just wants the paperwork.  Meanwhile,  Terri did not divulge where Steve's remains were laid to rest, so that may be a contributing factor to all of this.  Perhaps nosy asses are trying to get the final word story on this.  #y'allknowsherespectedhiswishesandgavehimtothecrocodiles

Archived