DAYS: Running tab of Cast Changes

• Members

With so many changes to the cast on DAYS, I thought it might be worth keeping a running tab as it is quite easy to get lost. I put the topic in Spoiler Island, because some people don't want to be spoilt about cast changes.

Another reason for the post is that it is not entirely clear whether DAYS cast is ballooning out of control like GH or stable (or contracting!)

As at 9/2 from Jason47:

Already departed as per Jason47 in 2015 are:

3/9- Chrishell Stause (Jordan Ridgeway)
6/2- Molly Burnett (Melanie Jonas)
8/18- Freddie Smith (Sonny Kiriakis)
8/25- Paul Telfer (Xander Cook)
8/27- Melissa Archer (Serena Mason)

And True O' Brien.

Known Departures:

Know arrivals to come: (I haven't counted Ciara, Theo and Chase as new as they are replacing existing actors)

Evidence based Rumors:

Have I covered everything known? Have I got contract and recurring correct? Please correct me if wrong.

By these numbers, we have 34 contract actors, increasing by a net 9 to 43 which is huge given DAYS has hovered around 28-30 cast members for the last 5 years at least. Must be more departures coming...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow those are crazy numbers. I still think DAYS could go with a cast of 10-12 contract with lots of recurring - it just seems odd for a show that is on the financial ropes that they wouldn't try to manage those costs and shorten production cycle, which really is hurting the show. Seriously, characters like Maggie, Caroline, Roman and Abe are not contract worthy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's not for sure, but JC said at a fan event he was only back for three months.  Then Dena gave some weird private Facebook interview I guess where someone asked if Shelle were back for good or just visiting and her response was something along the lines of "this is THE return of Shelle with a little bit of Philip.  Yes, Jason as Shawn and Martha as Belle.  We'll see how long that casting lasts."  So it was a strange comment given the question didn't even ask about casting yet she threw that in there. 

Archived