GH: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cringed when nutty Nina laid down next to Silas and then the two losers made out over his dead body. Sigh. Just trash all around.

Laura was the only thing that interested me today.

I'm tired of seeing Sam, Jake, Elizabeth and Nikolas all on all the time and spinning their wheels. Let's move some [!@#$%^&*] along here. Do Kelly Monaco and Billy Miller ever get a day off? Damn

• Members

ME is holding court on Facebook and whining a bit, which is somewhat satisfying, I guess. He does confirm something that was long-rumored at both shows, which is that RC was never a fan of his characters - that was all Frank.

• Members

I just changed the channel when Nina was on the floor and Franco acting like her big hero. Even to the end RC tried to make Franco and Nina happen. He failed big time!

If it wasn't for Laura I would have skipped the whole episode. Its too bad that Nicholas and Liz are heartless human beings.

• Members

Hmm. That's interesting. I'm glad for the tea to be spilled a bit. Sounds like Frankie pushed a lot of actors/characters onto Ron who gave them [!@#$%^&*] in return. LOL. I mean, once Silas and Sam collapsed (they never worked to begin with) Ron lost any interest (if he even had any to begin with). Silas had some decent moments during the Ava/Avery storyline but he was still a dayplayer. And then Silas gets a one episode murder mystery where he's stabbed in the back. Yeah, I can see Ron not caring much for him.

I'm curious to know who Ronnie liked and who Frank liked and what really was going on BTS at GH.

A part of me wants to like the newly 'IDGAF' Nikolas and Liz but I can't. I don't know if it's the writing or the way the actors are portraying it but it just doesn't work for me. I couldn't believe how Liz spinned it so Laura would keep quiet. Lord it's all so convoluted and ridiculous. Convoluted and ridiculous. Hmm. Sums up Ron well.

One can hope! I went from being OK with Miller as Jakeson in the beginning to how I felt about him at Y&R. I want his bloated, grinning ass off my screen.

• Members

Yup considering Liz was kept from her child for so long and the mystery to how that happened was never mentioned…LOL  You'd think Liz would have a heart and feel bad for Monica but nope she is more worried about keeping a man that doesn't want her.

• Members

Guza must be so proud at how Liz is being written. Why is Liz so hard to write for? She really isn't. Characters like Liz and Y&R's Sharon just get [!@#$%^&*] on repeatedly. All because the actresses are capable of handling the dreck thrown at them and their characters are well liked (though they have their intense haters too).

• Members

The exact same thing happened with Blair on OLTL and Gwen on Passions.

Is it wrong that it skeeves me out that people find RoHo attractive? Maybe I'm not objective because he's always annoyed me on both OLTL and GH, and that he plays detestable characters but the scruff really doesn't work for him.

I am at my wits end with Morgan and "Denise"!!! Give it up, Ava.

Billy always looks completely confused.

Just like that, Laura is gone. Sigh.

Rebecca Budig has the smirk on in every scene and it's irritating me.

It skeeves me out when people talk about how, uh... sexy, Chad Duell is. Do they idolize him or something? Ugh!

• Members

I've never found Howarth all that attractive. I do like Duell but he's not exactly the hottest or even the cutest but there's a certain appeal there (and I figure many like the twink factor ...  I've also never understood how asexual Alderson and Duell got together. I'm still not convinced he's straight, TBH) I don't find Bryan Craig all that attractive at all and the scruff and shaved head make him even less so not to mention his off-screen fratboy-immature personality is annoying me.

God, I loved me some Gwen and Liza Huber on PASSIONS. I miss that trainwreck of a show.

• Members

Howarth is blah and looks even worse when his nostrils flare up in scenes…LOL

Duell is good….as for him finding Alderson appealing is just very weird to me….LOL

Bryan Craig has the ugliest nose..LOL….doesnt go with his face…and that to me makes him look unattractive….

• Members

Franco and Nina making out over SIlas's corpse was pretty revolting.

I always thought it was Brian Frons who loved Michael Easton and saw him as a big star on ABC Daytime.  I am sure that Valentini liked him well enough, as he probably did most of the actors he worked with at  OLTL and GH.  RC, like all writers, is going to have his favorites, and will have characters he doesn't like so much.  But it seemed to be Frons who was Easton's primary patron, to the point where John McBain was seen as one of the three characters, along with Todd and Starr Manning, who was worthy of being sent to GH after OLTL was cancelled. 

I didn't like John McBain very much on OLTL.  But I actually found him more tolerable on GH.  Silas was unbearable to me from the beginning.

I first disliked an ME character back in 1991 when he was Tanner Scofield on DAYS.  I hated the way he disrespected Jack.  But the attitudes towards Ashford and Easton sum up everything that is wrong with daytime.  MA was a superstar who won over a huge following, with very little effort in his favor by the writers.  But TPTB would never accept fan sentiment and give him a fair chance, based on would he had earned and accomplished.  Easton, on the other hand, never won over a significant fan base.  But TPTB saw him as a what a soap star should be.  So they gave him chance after chance to succeed.  And when that didn't happen....well, they just acted like it did and made him a lead character anyway.

My favorite Michael Easton moment was probably his exacerbated reaction when he found out that TSJ Todd had told Marty that they would be raising Starr's baby together.

Archived