AMC: Week Of July 8, 2013 Discussion

• Members

Which is probably what would've happened if the AMC hasn't been canceled. Fortunately, it looks like AMC 2.0 is ready to deal with all of that or else they wouldn't have bothered to have David mention Ellie. Frankly, I hadn't even considered that angle. Angie made a choice to sacrifice her sight to have her baby so I can understand on one level why she would be ambivalent about Cass having an abortion even when it makes perfect sense. J&A are gearing up for one epic, long overdue fight about all of this stuff. I just hope Cass and her story don't get lost in the shuffle.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1 to both your posts.

I'm really excited for the fallout when Angie realizes Jesse lied to her once again.

I'm not too worried about Cass getting lost in the shuffle since currently she seems to still be in shock and going through withdrawal. I have a feeling when the character has recuperated more we'll get to know her better. I just hope she's not on every single episode in the future!

• Members

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the spoiler re: Cass and Colby. Cassandra needs to stop being so isolated and IMO Colby needs to develop some layers. The two of them rekindling their friendship would do both characters a world of good.

• Members

Agreed. I wonder if Colby spending time in France prior to returning to Pine Valley is not just a coincidence. Maybe these childhood friends kept in touch over the years and spent time together gallavanting in Paris. It would give Colby more those layers, and relationships. It would also better tie Cass to canvas so she is not so isolated with just the Hubbards.

• Members

Anyone have any idea when we will start seeing AMC episodes from the post- 2 day a week transition? I was wondering because I have not seen an up in quality in the episodes on air now, and I would hope that we fewer episodes and more time to shoot, that we'll see markable difference in production.

• Members

If I remember right, the reduced ep announcement was made on a Thursday afternoon in mid-May and AMC finished their final taping cycle the next day. The following Monday OLTL returned until the labor dispute ended their cycle a few days early. So as far as AMC, you've likely seen editing that reflects the new schedule but really no eps that were actually produced following the transition

• Members

No one is "anti-Darnell" or "anti-Jesse". Some of us, myself included, happen to believe that if your wife goes blind carrying your baby and you then deliver said dead baby, shove another baby into her arms and hope she can't tell the difference and then bury your dead baby in the park like you would a dead bird you found on your doorstep that gee, maybe there ought to be some natural repercussions. Some of us also happen to believe that if your wife is merciful enough to forgive you for that ENORMOUS lie, even after you opposed the experimental treatment that restored her vision, you're asking for trouble by 1. not immediately coming to her with the news that her daughter has been kidnapped by human traffickers and 2. going to work for said traffickers.

The reality is that Jesse did some really awful things to Angie - and I'm not even touching the years he pretended to be dead to her and their son while creating another family with another woman - and yet you seem to think that we should all ignore that and expect them to live happily ever after for no reason other than that they're an African-American supercouple. Sorry but that's not the way relationships work. Frankly I think Angie deserves a heck of a lot better than Jesse, and chemistry or past history alone shouldn't dictate who should stay together.

Frankly if Angie doesn't completely lose it with Jesse over all of these lies, I'll lose a lot of respect for her.

• Members

Fine. I confess; Darnell Williams is my ex-husband and all my posts expressing a desire for his character to get a meaty, dramatic, well-written front burner story based in the character's history is really just my diabolical plan to get even with him by making him work long hours because he's behind on his alimony payments.

• Members

The way you are responding here makes me think you really are Anti-Jesse.

Rebecca treated Jesse for his breakdown and for his tourture at the hands of the Robert Gardner thugs. He threatened to kill Frankie and Angie. Rebecca gave him cover, that's all. Jesse lived in very serious fear. Be factual and truthful. You must be a Frons/Pratt follower. They tried to destroy the character of Jesse Hubbard. You must be wanting the same.

I believe in loyalty and commitment. I believe in for better or worse, for richer or poorer. Chemistry and history have given Darnell and Debbi a wonderful longtime acting partnership and very close personal best friendship in real life. Loyalty and commitment has great merits.

Forgivness is always doable. Love and marriage is unconditional.

They ARE the Number One AA SuperCouple in all of the annals of daytime drama history. Their legions of fans made that happen for them.

and most agree that the last few years on ABC were not so great, unless you are a Rylee or Zendall follower.

Archived