AMC: Wednesday June 12, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

They previewed what was coming this week on AMC in last Friday's MORE episode and that scene was included, so yes, it was cut. And the OLTL producer already said they've cut stuff. I think people need to stop being naive about how editing works, things are definitely being cut, probably every episode. No offense to you though haha, I've just learned the hard way with my favorite movies that there are always things cut, no way around it even though no one wants to believe that. The only difference is, good editing and continuity should leave the viewer unaware of said cuts, unlike what was seen in the Monday episode.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love that being arrested with Zack means having drinks in a nice hotel...

Completely agreed about Colby--NO pregnancy story, please. She's obviously been around the block and the "who's the father" cliché drives me crazy--maybe it's all my time working at an STD clinic, but I think most people now know to use protection and even carry it with them (Brad Bell would probably argue that point.) Besides, Petey is so busy working the gym and his "apps" I would like to think he wouldn't have it much in him to produce sperm after being worked over orally. I cannot believe I just typed that on here.

• Members

I hope for that, too.

In the AMC tribute magazine interview with Agnes Nixon where she (as always) briefly talks about being shut out of the writer's room during Pratt's era, she does mention working on the scene with war vets talking about their experience. So I hope her being a consultant will have some similar scene--I think it would add a lot to the story.

• Members

and it's not like something like this hasn't happened before, they showed Dorian giving David a BJ on OLTL when it was ABC..

this is all classic soap seduction, and come on a BJ, seriously over a BJ?

I see the same people clamoring for violent storylines but when it comes to sex or sexuality it's amoral

• Members

There was no preview with Adam in it.

There was a preview with Brooke and David Hayward sharing drinks and discussing his upcoming interview and apparently that got cut because there was a desperate need to see A3 and Miranda trash Brooke's house with their teen pizza party. Oh and Celia's close up of her new sandals and she gave back the clothes from her 3 minute Julia Roberts montage that also kept Brooke from having any airtime.

• Members

I have no illusions about editing and yes things are being trimmed. I recall that they edited the part of Bianca and JR's confrontation where she spit at him. What I have a problem with is this idea that "I expected this scene to show up by now and it hasn't, OMG THEY MUST'VE CUT IT! I'M SO PISSED!!" We haven't seen Kendall yet so they must have cut that scene. We hadn't seen Jesse's scene in the car so they must have cut it. It's one thing to look at Monday's show where it was obvious that the editing was bad. It's completely another to panic just because the show is unfolding in a way that doesn't fit baseless expectations.

• Members

As Dramatist said above that points to the hypocrisy about how acceptable people find sex vs. violence. Cassandra being raped is fine. In fact, given the state of the genre it's expected and tacitly encouraged so that we can see her rescued by a big strong man. Two young, single people engaging in energetic sex where the woman displays an enthusiastic, self-aware level of sexual agency? Heresy.

• Members

Thing are being cut it appears. If somebody is momentarily upset a scene was cut or that it appears a scene cut, it's a free country wink.png

They showed the impression of Pete getting oral sex? AMC was pretty sexless on ABC the last decade but OLTL used to do graphic sex scenes regularly on ABC Daytime. I'm still traumatized by Luna and Max's honeymoon scenes back in 1994 (I was 13 at the time).

Archived