ABC: Carolyn Hinsey does a total 180

• Members

I don't know what Hinsey usually had to say about OLTL and GH (although if I recall correctly she's normally a GH @ss kisser) but she, like everyone else in the soap media, has been attacking AMC left and right for months.

Well in SOD this week she basically says that ABC wants their soaps to be good and people should just be quiet and watch or else they might miss something good.

Say what!? What an about-face!

I don't care what ABC claims to want, I care what is and if they want their soaps to be good they sure aren't going about it the right way (firing vets left and right...except OLTL; concentrating on a handful of characters on each show; no unique identities...etc).

CH doesn't seem like the type to be to be pushed around but I've seen speculation elsehwere that Frons pressured/threatened (remember years ago when Corday had a rift with one of the magazines and wouldn't give them any info for Days) her into writing this.

She then offers scenarios of how Cady could return as Dixie someday. As others have pointed out, you can't explain away Dixie in the hospital and in the park as a ghost. It's one thing when people are seeing the ghost, like when Robert appeared to Luke during the Stone/Robin story on GH. But when it's just us seeing the ghost it's different.

ABC wants this, we might miss that, Dixie could come back blah blah blah. Hardly a convincing argument.

Mimi's SoapNet column has been canned, Hinsey's suddenly on the happy juice....looks like Michael Logan is the only one left who might tell it like it is.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She doesn't get paid but the show's publicists control the soap magazines. Any time they get out of line, they threaten to cut off interviews and access to their stars and the soap mags end up printing whatever they want. We honestly don't have any real soap news entities because everyone is a victim to the publicists, websites included. If the press were really honest about the state of soaps, it would be overwhelmingly negative and that is not allowed.

• Members

Apparently freedom of speech is just a formality in today's day in age. I wouldn't be the least surprised if Frons threatened to cut SOW off from the shows.

That man is such an egotistical bastard. The fans don't need to read Carolyn's harping to know your vision sucks Fronsie.

Idiots.

• Members

GH stinks. She has often praised the junk GH has been putting out. So I rarely agree with what she says.

But if may be that she sees the end coming, NBC pulling out, ABC possibly thinking of doing the same. She may be just trying to stop viewers from bailing out causing ABC to pull the plug.

If one or 2 networks completely stop showing soaps her magazine(s) will have less market and may have to shut down too.

Archived