Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From almost twenty-one years ago here are recaps from the first two weeks of October 1994 from Soap Opera News:

October 3rd-7th:

Ryan takes the bait

Victoria visits Ryan at his office complaining about her flagging sex life with Cole. She hasn’t made love to Cole since he found out about the centerfold. Remembering his marriage to Vicki, Ryan can’t help but wonder whether they’d still be married if Victoria had been as sexually uninhibited as she is now. He offers to talk to Cole on Victoria’s behalf but she doesn’t want to arouse suspicion in Cole that they may be more than just friends. Nina spills the beans Meanwhile, after dreaming that Ryan finds out about the baby and angrily lashes out at her, Nina decides to tell him the truth. Shaken up by the dream she expects that Ryan won’t forgive her for keeping the news from him. But much to Nina’s surprise and relief, Ryan is sympathetic and only regrets that he hadn’t been there to support his wife in her grief.

Chris goes Vietnamese

Chris introduces Keemo to a typical American dinner. When Keemo notices Paul entering the apartment, he invites Chris to a typically Vietnamese dinner, hoping that Paul will recognise that he too, is in the race for Chris’ heart. Meanwhile Chris is being pursued by Danny. When he spots Chris and Paul dancing at Gina’s and notices that Chris is wearing an engagement ring, he vows to win her back.

Brad chases Ashley

Beset by marital problems of her own, Ashley tells Brad that Blade has been untruthful. He let her befriend Mari Jo without mentioning she was once Blade’s lover. Saddened by Ashley’s news, Brad threatens Blade, saying he regrets not marrying Ashley himself.

Jack’s flashback

Jack is served tea in his army mess kit cup when he visits Luan for a romantic dinner. He explains that he tried desperately to trace her after his letters came back to him “return to sender” and tells Luan that he never wants to lose her again.

Victoria says au revoir

Fed up by her husband’s disinterest, Victoria packs her bags and threatens to leave him. Cole insists that running away won’t change anything, but Victoria says she can’t stay with a man who continues to berate her like a child. Cole retaliates by making love to his wife, having forgotten, for the time being anyway, that their marriage is in trouble.

October 10th-14th: 

War of the Abbotts

Jill and John prepare to slug it out in court. Jill claims divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty while John serves papers accusing Jill of adultery with a “John Doe”. She is advised by Silva to live the life of a hermit as John will no doubt have her under surveillance in the hope of finding evidence of her philandering. Kay offers to be friend Jill but she does this only to pass on useful information to John.

Nick goes all the way

While Sharon slips into sexy lingerie for her date with Nick, Doris fears that he’ll take advantage of her daughter. Sharon assures her mother that Nick isn’t like her last boyfriend who left her pregnant at the age of 16. But Sharon is unable to ignore her mother’s warning and when Nick tries to seduce her at the stables, she gets cold feet and asks to be taken home. The next day at the coffee-house, Sharon is devastated to hear Amy boasting to her about her night of passion with Nick.

Hope's walk gone wrong

Hope is reminded of her vulnerability when she is terrorized and mugged by two thugs after wandering into an unknown neighborhood. She is saved by policemen patrolling the area, but returns home defeated. She tells Victor that she will terminate the pregnancy.

Round one to Jill In the courtroom 

John and Jill hurl accusations at one another. At the end of it, Jill is grant-ed temporary custody of Billy. Meanwhile, Kay approaches Jill as part of a ploy to win her friendship. But Jill isn’t fooled and sends her away. Later Silva advises Jill that Kay may prove an invaluable ally when the judge calls for someone to testify to her parenting skills. Jill is troubled by a subpoena served on Jed which could reveal all about her affair.

Ryan lends an ear

Ryan is visited by Victoria who again confides in him about her ongoing marital problems. She also tells Ryan that she regrets ever giving him up. Later when Victoria learns that Nina miscarried, she’s left pondering whether Ryan’s marriage will survive the loss of the baby. Meanwhile, Chris tries to ease Nina’s worry that without the baby her marriage is over.

• Members

Thank! I only have the first 2 dates from October 1994 (10/3 and 10/4) so it's nice to know what else went down...

It makes my skin crawl when they say Brad threatens Blade....I guess because I can never get over how much of a hypocrite he can be throughout the show and has no problem calling out other people on their misdeeds....though I guess he really cared for Ashley.

• Members

Catching up more with the 05 shows, I finished 8/30/05.(My first day of Freshman year of highschool....Dang!!! LOL)

I was hoping there was going to be more of a follow up of everyone seeing Lily and Daniel in bed, but I still liked the scenes with Phyllis and Daniel and Dru with Lily....at least they still took these type of things seriously as far as underage sex etc....though I would never buy Daniel as only being 17.....I always kind of thought that they should have cast a younger actor, though I never minded Graziadei.....

Ugh, sometimes I forget how much of a good actor Rikaart is.....I know Kevin has never really been needed and even moreso now, but the scenes with Tom are at least far better then the asexual stuff with Mariah...obviously better material can do wonders though I personally wouldn't mind if GR and Kevin decided to leave...

Gloria seemed a little too excited about meeting Scotty....no wonder Ashley made those comments.....I wish they would have had John or even Ashley make some sort of comment about how they knew Scott's father, John was married to Jessica around the same time Cricket and Scott were dating before it came out they were brother and sister....

Even though it's almost been 10 years I still Imagine Scotty never leaving (I still would have prefer a different actor eventually) and being married and having children with Colleen or someone else on the show.....If the show wasn't obsessed with them producing more Newman brats every 5 seconds maybe Scotty would have had more of a chance...

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Gloria is just that character that I can handle only in small doses as of late. I do like the character quite a bit, but I got a tad sick of her after a while during the LML/MAB years. I can't remember how recent this scene was but it stuck with me ever since I watched it, her stopping by and paying Chelsea a visit and giving her some deep and meaningful words of wisdom. I really enjoyed that scene between those two, it reminded me a lot of Katherine to be honest.

I do wish Scotty had stuck around after what happened with Sheila, especially when Phyllis, Summer and Fen were kidnapped and everybody banded together to help find them, he definitely had a lot more potential than just that one storyline. I think you mentioned the prospect of he and Colleen being paired together once? That I would have liked to see.

• Members

I only really started watching Y&R regularly in November 2008, so I haven't seen that much of 2005-2008 Gloria,  besides what you are currently posting, but looking back it's obvious that Gloria was starting to phase out right when I started watching.....That was when she finally payed for the face cream then had that role in that 08-09 Marge story with her and Katherine being in jail, then later Katherine shunning her out in front of everyone....

It's obvious that Smith/LML and MAB loved her, and I think the majority of the reason Gloria hasn't been a key player since late 2009/2010 is because JC choose to pursue other projects like her theater stuff....I bet if she remained on contract she would continue eating the airtime....It's the current team with Pratt and JFP who clearly have no use for her minus being a "drop in" character, but I did like those recent Chelsea scenes not too long ago like you mentioned...

It just makes the most sense for Scotty and Colleen to be paired up.....giving both their parents history, they could have played right into that, maybe have Scotty not get along with Brad for a while because he thinks he's one of the reasons (other then Sheila of course) that Lauren had a rocky relationship with his dad.....

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

well it now looks like Dailymotion rejected and took off all my uploads......:( and I just got a new computer and the old one which still has all the videos on my files can't be transferred until I somehow get it fixed.....if possible....

SONY needs to go to hell.....like yesterday....

• Members

Sorry to hear about that. But if worst comes to worst, I do have all the files saved to my portable hard drive. I even have the 1992/03/06 episode with Colleen's baptism saved, I can't find that anywhere on Dailymotion now. 

Edited by Y&R21395

• Members

It sucks cause Most of my 92/93/94 uploads were on there so unless I get my old  computer fix,I might have to just burn all those dates again and just upload unlisted on youtube......what sucks more is that then I will have to figure out what to do with that one 1992 date that Youtube always rejects because of that stupid TFI copyright thing.....that's the whole reason I gave DM a try in the first place....

If you had some of my dates that you could re-upload, that would be great and yes that 3/6/92 episode lasted a mere 2 seconds before they canned that too.....there are so many other videos I have to to try to re-download into my files at some point unless others have already re-uploaded...

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

I'm amazed at how much is being taken down. I went to grab some clips from 2011 of Ronan interrogating Phyllis over the murder of Diane the other night, and found everything practically gone. And I was even more furious when I found most of the clips of Morgan's 2001 stint and Sheila's 2002 stint on B&B gone, I'd neglected to get the immediate aftermath of Sheila shooting Brooke and Taylor, and Mary visiting Sheila in prison. I'm still kicking myself about that.

I'll certainly try. I have to upload on a different account now anyway, I have two strikes against my current one because of the Y&R/B&B clips I uploaded. 

• Members

It's just sad cause it seemed like DM could have been the answer since supposedly they were less strict, but now they have decided to become douches over there too....(though searching for stuff on DM is a bitch IMO)

I hope it works out for you though. I think all of us are ready to file some suit against CBS/SONY.