OLTL: Discussion for the week July 27

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First off I just adore Viki and Charlie :wub: That being said.....

Rex is a F@#*%ing jerk and I so wish Gigi would dump his ass and go after Skylar, let Rex have Stacy. Those two belong together.

Natalie and Jared!!!!! They do breath.

As much as I am liking this Matthew, Nora, Bo and Tea storyline, man Matthew is one angry young man. He has me feeling bad for Nora, and I DO NOT want that.

Madame Delphina and Renee were great to watch. I just love that medium.

Can't wait to see some follow up at the lodge tomorrow.

• Members

I liked the show, except WHAT WAS UP WITH THOSE STACY/GIGI SCENES?! It was like right out of JER, circa 1992. Every scene ended with "Not when you see this piece of paper..." and they just dragged it out ridiculously until the final scene when Stacy just spilled it for no reason. I know some fans love that kind of soap style, but it bores me to no end.

The scenes at the cabin were great though, I agree!

• Members

When I saw that today's script was penned by Schock, I had a feeling she'd drag it out. So I skipped all the Gigi/Stacy scenes up to the end. It worked like clockwork.

Like exactly what were the point of those scenes between Stacy and Gigi. Having Stacy dream was a clever but obvious tool to delay the reveal until today's episode. However those scenes between the Marasco sisters today were not necessary.

Great show otherwise. For the first time today I finally felt that Matthew had a personality and a angry one at that.

• Members

I didn't watch today, so I'm not absolutely certain it's the same "execution", but if it is --- oltl has been doing this a lot lately and it's driving me crazy. Almost every secret that comes to light, no matter it's gravitas or the length of time it's been simmering and building up to the reveal, is finally exposed in this halting, stilted manner that ultimately robs it of most of the impact. Gigi trying to tell Rex about Stacy's deception took an entire episode which may not have been so bad except two days earlier, Gigi confiding the same secret to Jared and Natalie took an entire episode. Jared and Natalie trying to tell the family that "Chloe" was actually "Hope". The keeper of the secret never just comes out and says it. They beat around the bush, get interrupted and misunderstood, and then finally after several mistarts, blurt it out, then are not believed until they hammer home the truth with some kind of irrefutable evidence. It's supposed to be suspenseful, and if used sparingly the device might be perceived that way, but it's so overdone on OLTL it's become nothing less than tedious.

• Members

Oops, I forgot to mention that aside from the horrible scenes with Rex and his harem, I thought today's show was good. The Jessica/Brody scenes were probably my favorites (even if she was extremely insensitive to go on and on about Nash in front of him), but Natalie/Jared were also good, and Renee's interaction with Delphina (Lea works well when she's toned down, and Pat Elliott and Lea work well together, perhaps because they had different colors of the same wig). I like how prominent a character Asa remains, and I thought the scene where Matthew talked about how Asa would want him to have the surgery was somewhat touching. I know he's not a great actor but Eddie Alderson has really sold this story for me.

• Members

LOL I don't get it...

Aah, but see, the simple fact that she could go on and on about Nash with him without having to worry if he was hurting her feelings is part of the beauty of Jess/Brody. Brody's more worried about letting the person he loves feel free to feel what she's feeling than he is about being upset that she's dwelling on the past. They just might be my #1 favorite couple on the show right now, which says a lot because I am 100% sold on many of the couples on the show.

• Members

And that's exactly what happened. Gigi and Stacy talked in circles for six scenes, and every scene ended with a close-up of the pregnancy test print-out behind Stacy's back. And she kept saying "it'll all change when you find out what's on that piece of paper". And Gigi would say "So what's on that piece of paper?" And then in the next scene, Stacy would respond "I'll tell you what's on this piece of paper but it's going to rock your world". Gigi: "So tell me." Stacy: "Wouldn't you like me to... you're going to wish you never asked me that" Cut to commercial. Next scene: Gigi: "Are you going to tell me what's on that piece of paper? I need to get back to my child. Rex's child." Stacy: "Funny you should use those words. Because what's on this piece of paper is about Rex's child. And you're not going to like it." Close-up of piece of paper. Cut to commercial. When we get back, Gigi: "If you're not going to tell me what's on that piece of paper, I'll leave." Stacy: "Are you sure you want to know what's on this piece of paper?" Right around then, I stuck a fork in my jugular.

And so on and so on and so on until Rex walked in at the end and Stacy said "I'm pregnant". It was exhausting. I hate soap writing like that. But it's a personal preference.

Archived