EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It definately should have been Tyler instead of Anthony, but if Alvin says is true (crosses fingers) I hope Fatboy isn't too far behind. And since Jamie Foreman just extended his contract to October, which seems very specific to me, I'm hopefuly presuming that a murder mystery is in the works.

Joey looks like an Anthony Moon look alike. How odd.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

They should have dumped Whitney years ago. I don't think she has ever worked.

Someone in casting has a type. He looks like the Moon brothers, and Danny, Callum, et al.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

When it comes to looks, they are certainly nice to look at, so at least there's that. It's better than the frat boy type like Tyler, which always unsettles me.

Regarding Whitney, I can't speak for the pedophile story, but she certainly was a great character to watch during the prositution story. I never understood why it fizzled out so badly.

• Members

Whitney is a waste of space, and has always been one. I hope what Shona apparently said is true.

It doesn't help that Shona phones it in 99% of the time and only ever really steps up for major episodes (like the Tony reveal and the stuff with Rob). The show doesn't need her, Lauren and Lucy satisfy the need for someone that that set, and I think Jacqueline Jossa has come a long way as an actress.

• Members

I think it's a mistake to get rid of Anthony and I hope Tyler doesn't go. The cast consists of virtually NO hot guys in comparison to say Home and Away or Hollyoaks. I know that shouldn't be the most important thing, but Anthony's only been in it for a year, they need time to settle in. Ronnie and Roxy weren't popular at first and neither were Max and Tanya, but now they seem to have a larger fanbase (ok, they're still hated by some fans) but still I think it's a mistake. Anthony's character seemed to have more depth too unlike Tyler.

The show is in such a state. Considering all the cast breaks/departures/arrivals/emphasis on terrible characters, you wonder how it's going to make it through but perhaps this transitional phase could be the making of it.

I agree that Whitney's a waste of space. There is potential with her character but Shona struggles with the bigger plots (with the exception of the episode Janine found her in Rob's flat - that was good) but the writing has been all over the place for her too, making her come across as a selfish bitch. When Bianca had financial issues it seemed like Whitney couldn't give a crap. I thought Whitney was portrayed as Bianca's rock when they were brought in in 2008...?