Battlestar Galactica

CSW

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'm blown away. Four main characters are Cylons, a fifth is not dead, and.......

The way to Earth has been found, while the fleet is under attack.

Can't waith for the end of the year, when Battlestar Galactica begins its forth......and final......season!

• Members

Dear gracious me!

What an unbe-frakking-leavable finale. That is the way to do it, folks. Just go all out and put all the cards down on the table and say, "All colors. See you later."

And the best part is that the revelation of the four cylons makes you put everything -- EVERYTHING -- you know in a different perspective.

- You see season 1 Boomer in a completely different light, and all of the relationships she had.

- You see the resistance on new caprica in a really, really frakkin' different light.

And now that we know who the cylons are, or at least we think we know, you start moving them around and comparing and contrasting their attributes. 12 cylons, 12 different personalities, jobs, attributes, 12 planets, 12 zodiac signs...and you go "A-HA! I think I'm on to something, although really, I'm not sure what it is...but it WILL BE GOOD!"

And we have a movie to look forward to. And we have a FULL fourth season to look forward to, and right now I'm like a frakkin' stim junkie waiting for it to come out...but first I have to watch THE ENTIRE series again and re-evaluate all the little minutia with my new information, although oddly, the revelation of who is a cylon and who isn't changes nothing about my opinions of the characters.

• Members

Wait - the 4th season is the final season??? That sucks....I want more!

Last night's finale was freakin' crazy - I loved it. I never would have guessed Tyrol or Tigh as Cylons. I can see Anders and Tori. Speaking of Tori - I wonder if the guy who played Billy didn't want out of his contract then would Billy be the Cylon since Tori never would have existed???

Anyway - I'm not 100% convinced that those 4 are Cylons. Just bc they heard the same music and came together doesn't mean they are Cylons just yet. Tigh is old and has been serving with Adama for over 40 years...and the Cylons haven't been in human form for that long. You'd think he'd be too old to be a Cylon...

I love that Baltar is not guilty and now he must live in fear of being killed by an angry fleet member who lost a family member bc of him. This should be good to watch. I think ultimately he'll end up being saved by the Cylons and live with them, even though he's not Cylon.

I love that Starbuck is back - I never thought she died. But is she the 5th and final Cylon or have the Gods saved her and used her as a guide to take the fleet to Earth? This is her purpose....? If she isn't the 5th Cylon, then who is?

Awesome finale - but seriously - 2008? That is way too long to wait.

• Members

Roman, I would say that it's highly unlikely that the rest of the crew are cylons. One of the hard and fast rules of the show is that there are only 12 humanoid Cylon models, so having the entire fleet turn out to be Cylons in the end, or almost, would just be a big disappointment I think.

alwaysAMC, you bring up a good point. I mean, it was spoiled that in the last four episodes, one main character would die, one would be a cylon, and one would find earth, but that doesn't mean that it has to stick, does it? I mean, Starbuck is already 'back from the dead', if she really was dead. PS - Anyone got any theories on how Starbuck and her suddenly pristine viper unexploded themselves? She could be a) a resurrected Cylon, B) a figment of Apollo's imagination, c) a ghost, spirit type thing (which would suck a bit), d) Starbuck, who is somehow miraculously alive and somehow got a new viper (although how I can't imagine) from Earth. Wormhole? Humans get resurrected on Earth? I don't have a good guess for that theory.

But Tigh is a particularly interesting case. Tigh supposedly served in the first Cylon war as a fighter pilot, but we didn't see flashbacks of him until after the war, when he met Bill. Still, that's pretty early for a skinjob to arrive on the scene, unless he was the prototype, or unless the Cylons at some point captured Tigh and used him as the prototype for the first Cylon skinjob and replaced him at some point along the way. And he's aged, which is something that we don't know if the skinjobs can do or not, so a very interesting case all around. It could be that Tigh, at least, or maybe all of the others too, just got 'implanted' with some sort of cylon device during the New Caprica cylon occupation. Why the Cylons would put a device that allows humans to hear their transmissions though, is beyond me, unless it works both ways, and they can also hear Tigh's, Anders', Tyrol's, and Tori's thoughts...especially since the first three were basically the ringleaders of the resistance.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Hi, maybe someone could help me. I missed out on this series in the original run but recently watched the whole thing on Amazon. It was an amazing series and I was very sad when it was over, but did anyone anywhere ever get an explanation for Kara Thrace? There just is no explanation given.

Anyway, it was a great show although the final season with Gauis and his religion was dull. And that reminds me, I don't recall the show ever definitively saying what his dream Caprica was exactly, or what her dream Gaius was. I have to assume they, like Kara, were literal angels.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived