Favorite Talk Show Moments

WTGH

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While watching Maury with some family, we talked about the Ricki Lake show. There was one eppy were Ricki was doing a show where she had hired a PI to investigate cheating spouses and such for the other spouse. There was one couple who straight up lied because they wanted a free trip to NYC and to be on the show, and Ricki outed them on the show and told them to find their own way back home. She had security kick their asses off the show. Also, on Maury, there was a girl who had three children and didn't know any of the babay daddies at first... she was first on the show to prove the youngest two with two guys and one of the guys was indeed the father. Then she was on the show eight other times to find the oldest father, and tested, I think, a total of 18 guys.

• Members

I remember one of the funniest things ever was on this one episode of Ricki Lake. There was this guy who had this lady friend who he had been sexually attracted to; the problem was that he had a boyfriend. The boyfriend then came out and the guy told him that he was leaving him for her. The boyfriend was obviously shocked and he said, "I thought you were gay." He then goes and says, "I'm not gay...I'm bi." It was the funniest thing ever. Then one of the audience members who was very very flaming said, "What you should've done is told him straight up that you like the breastices!" O....M....G! Too funny for words.

• Members

I loved it when the talk shows devoted episodes to male strippers. Montel had a contest judged by Anna Maria Horseford, who was on Amen at the time, and USA Up All Night hostess Rhonda Shear. These guys would come out and compete to see who win "best stripper." The guy who won, called himself Chocolate Shake, and he lived by his name! :lol: One dude even lit his g-string on fire, in the front.

Donahue did some really good stripper shows. Two old ladies got so offended, they walked out and he tried to get them to stay! He was crazy back in the day. Anything went with him. He had a show about adults who get off on dressing like babies. That was pretty creepy. He had the set decorated like a giant nursery. :blink:

The Maury baby daddy shows are always good for entertainment. It's sad that in this day and age, people STILL don't use protection, but they deserve the misery. However, when a guy learns he's not the dad and starts dancing to hip-hop music, I can't help but crack up, especially when the audience cheers him on.

On Sally Jessy, they had these teenage girls on who wanted to get pregnant because they weren't getting enough love at home, so they thought if they had a baby, they'd have someone to love. One woman in the audience said "These aren't a pair of designer jeans, this is a baby" and went to tell these dumb girls off about how babies aren't fads and you're stuck with it for life. That was awesome. Sometimes teenage girls can be really stupid.

I also love the makeover shows. Before Oprah started gushing over celebrities and bringing on her friends to talk about boring crap, she did these makeovers on people who were stuck in the 60s and 70s.

• Members

My older sister would probably kill me if she knew I was sharing this.

But anyhoo, years ago she dated a guy named Stephen for a year. We all knew he was a bit flamboyant. Needless to say, they broke up and we didnt hear from him for a year. One day, I turned on one of the talk shows ( I forget if it was Ricki, Maury, or Sally) and we see Stephen, gay and proud, trying to find his old boyfriend a NEW boyfriend because his old boyfriends current boyfriend simply wasn't good enough for his man! My sister fled from the room in a rage while we all laughed our asses off and yelled "WE KNEW IT WE KNEW IT!"

Good times. :lol:

• Members

:lol: Is this dude stupid? Couldn't he clearly tell that wasn't his child? I mean, come on now!

My best friend had a friend who would always talk about wanting to become a stripper, but she never took her seriously until one day she saw her on the Jenny Jones Show, dressed like a hooker, ranting and raving that she wanted to be a stripper and didn't care what her mama thought. Needless to say, my best friend's mom told her that she could not hang out with her anymore.

• Members

LOL!! I remember watching that when it first premired and think WTF!! How can he not tell that wasn't his child... and Maury's expression while questioning was too much.

Jenny Jones did the worst makeover shows. She use to put the people in Wal-mart clothes and instead of doing their hair, she would put wigs on them.

• Members

Wow! Where did they find someone that stupid? That guy is the dumbest Maury Povich guest...and that's saying A LOT!

This is definitely my favorite talk show moment right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_BjXzLY1k

Oh, and on Maury, they had these out-of-control teenagers, and they had some bootcamp guy come on, and he made them stand out on a sidewalk in the middle of NYC with sandwich boards saying stuff like, "I slept with 20 guys" or "I stole money from my grandmother." And the people walking by would say nasty stuff to them. :lol:

And then on Jerry Springer, they had an episode about people seeking revenge on their exes. They had a woman who held a strike outside her ex's house. She stood there picketing and SLEPT there too. The funniest part was when some random guy bought hera bucket of chicken from KFC. And then some woman rented a monster truck and drove through her ex-boyfriend's trailer with it!!

• Members

Sally was THE [!@#$%^&*]! I was obsessed with it in the late 90's. Would catch it about 3 times a day and tape the re-runs in the wee hours. :lol:

-Once an outta control teen stabbed her pregnant mother with a fork, causing her water to break. :o

-On Jenny Jones I ***loved*** the hoochie mama shows. Every so often someone would say "Get off Jenny Jones, you need Jenny Craig!" :P

They also had some wacky judges making mean comments.

-Maury paternity is good, but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the outta control hoochie teens.

I crack up when the bootcamp people start getting in their faces and break the little !@#$%^&*]es to the point of tears.

• Members

I can't believe I forgot those Maury shows!!! I remember the girl who was afraid of foil and the one that was afraid of rubber bands... :lol: Sometimes I feel bad for laughing, but I can help but wonder how do they go on the Maury show broadcasting that.

• Members

I feel like a DICK for laughing at that "Maury" clip...but my GOD! Man!! Oooh, my God!!! Aaaaahh!!! This is crazy!!

OH, MY DEAR GOD, I'm an insensitive bastard!

I'm literally choking on laughter while watching that girl-afraid-of-pickles clip! Sometimes I wonder if they're even serious about things like that. And the montage...oh my god, priceless!

OMG, and the graphic : "My fear of mustard and pickles is ruining my life!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am SO going to hell.

Archived