FOX's Celebrity Duets: Reality show with REAL Musicians

R!ck

• Members

Lauper, Gray, Bolton Sing 'Duets'

FOX still lining up celebs to sing with pros

July 24 2006

PASADENA, Calif. -- The celebrities on FOX's fall singing competition "Celebrity Duets" haven't been announced yet, but whoever they are, they'll have a fairly deep roster of recording artists backing them up.

A group of singers ranging from Motown legend Smokey Robinson to '80s pop stars Richard Marx and Cyndi Lauper will be taking part in the short-run show, which is being produced by "American Idol's" Simon Cowell. The 13 professional singers will be paired with other famous folks who aren't known for their vocal chops.

The lineup of celebrities hasn't been settled yet, but FOX chief Peter Ligouri assures that "as a public service," the show is making every effort to cast people who can actually carry a tune.

In addition to Robinson, Marx and Lauper, the other singers signed up for "Duets" are Macy Gray, Randy Travis, Dionne Warwick, Brian McKnight, Patti LaBelle, Chaka Khan, Aaron Neville, Clint Black, Kenny Loggins and Michael Bolton. Songwriter and producer David Foster, who was a guest coach on "American Idol" last season, will serve as a judge.

Each week, the celebs in the competition will be paired with a different singer and perform live with their partners. The audience will vote each week on which famous people go home, and the winner will earn a prize for his or her favorite charity.

"Celebrity Duets" premieres Tuesday, Aug. 29 and will move to its regular Thursday timeslot on Sept. 7. A results show will debut on Friday, Sept. 8.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is currently a show in Australia that has been running for the last several weeks called "It takes Two" which is tha same as this.

http://au.yahoo.com/it-takes-two/

There are only 3 contestants left.

Two that are good and one that screech's when she sings.

I think that the only reason why Sarah Ryan is still around is because of who her partner is. But IMHO he wasn't a good Australian Idol either.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jul 27 2006, 12:01 AM)

Poohbear, I'm sure the "celebs" will be just what you thought the singers would be! :D I'll be more interested when I know that side of casting.

Your probably right Chris, I can see it now....

Starring

Danny Pintauro of Who's The Boss!?

Jenna Von Oy of Blossom and the Parkers

Bil Dwyer of I've Got A Secret

Carson Cressley of Queer Eye

Ant of Celebrity Fit Club

Andrea Barber of Full House

Corey Feldman of Stand By Me

and a token soap star, and football player :lol::D:P

Archived