I Love The 70s - Volume Two

Roman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes!!!

The 70s are my favorite decade for EVERYTHING, so I've been eagerly awaiting a round two of this! *crosses fingers for a Mary Hartman segment!*

Funny, of the three decades that they have done, the one they obsess the most over (the 80s) is my least favorite, while the one they obsess the least over is my absolute favorite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm loving it. Looking forward to "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" on I Love 1976!

I truly do looooooove the 70s. The 90s come in second place because those were my years growing up and they truly bring back memories. The 80s are terribly overrated. And damn, they've done THREE of those things, but they didn't do "Knots Landing" in any of them.

• Members

I really hope for just one thing.

Let them please play If You Leave Me Now by Chicago when they do 1976. That was the biggest hit that year, and I was ticked they didn't do a segment on the song or the group the first time.

I think they went really overboard with the 80s stuff. That didn't make any sense. 3 of them? And I aslo agree, the 90s didn't deserve 2 specials either.

• Members

I'm surprised that the Mary Tyler Moore show didn't cut it the first time around. That was like one of the biggest shows in the early 70s.

The first time around, the 80s were cool. Then, during the second time, they were pushing it. But the third was totally unnecessary. I also liked seeing the 90s b/c that's when I was a child, so I knew most of what they were talking about, but the second one was pointless.

• Members

I think they need to do the 60s. It would be hysterical if VH1 brought on these drugged up hasbeens trying to remember 60s pop culture. Or the 50s:

"Drive-ins were like THE THING TO DO on a Saturday night! You put on your poodle skirt and your saddle shoes, Jimmy gets out his leather jacket, cuffed jeans, greases his hair with enough Brylcream to leave stains on the pillow, and you watch a movie in your car. Then you go to Lovers Lane and have mad sex."

I can totally see that. :lol:

My only gripe about these shows is that WHY do they have some people talking about the 70s when they weren't even AROUND during the decade?

• Members

ITA! I've never ever been a fan of Michael Ian Black. He annoyed me on the very first "I Love the 80s" and he has annoyed me ever since. Mo Rocca's not as bad as him, but he's extremely annoying too.

And oh my god Bree...I was talking to someone about that a few days ago. Couldn't you imagine it if they did "I Love the 50s?" And they had someone like Hilary Duff get on there and be like..."Oh my Gosh! We had a 50s day in elementary school! And I wore my grandma's poodle skirt!"

• Members

No.

Don't do a 50's version. All those 80-year-old people slobbering all over the place. They would spend half the special waking these people up.

But it would be fun. :D

And also, where was The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman? This is now the second time they haven't been on.

• Members

They've missed a lotta important TV shows this go round, IMO. The summary for I Love 1976 that my onscreen shows said that they'd do "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" and the TV movie "Sybil," but they did not.

Did they do "Rhoda" for 1974? Because that was also listed, but I don't remember a segment on it.

AND DAMMIT! Would it have killed them to do something on soaps? Hell, they could have just talked about them all collectively.

Archived