Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Morning all... stuff was shared at SD yesterday at some point that speaks to what my instincts have been saying for some time for some time.

I have been watching for the past week as so many people have come here to discuss contract status, why certain actors are being bumped to recurring or let go, the ratings and fan response received at Prospect. I would like to tell you all to be very leery of anyone who comes here and tells you that fan response is pretty much identical to feelings here. One thing I can assure you, this board and its posters is not indicitive of the general GH audience, most of whom are offliners and less inclined to pick any storyline or development to bits as net fans tend to. As for the contract info, I found it somewhat amusing that while all of the contract insiders got right what was pretty much an open secret which is the Greg Vaughn and Rebecca Herbst are now recurring, they were dead wrong about Leslie Charleston and totally missed the other actors that were bumped at the same time as Herbst and Vaughn. And no one talked about what, as of right now, is coming as far as cast and contract issues.

Actors Who Are Safe:

Anthony Geary

Bradford Anderson

Jane Elliot

John Ingle

Kelly Monaco

Kimberly McCullough

Kirsten Storms

Laura Wright

Leslie Charleson

Nathan Parsons

Maurice Benard

Nancy Lee Grahn

Natalia Livingston

Steve Burton

Tyler Christopher

Jason Thompson

Actors Recently Bumped to Recurring:

Greg Vaughan

Rebecca Herbst

John J. York

Sonya Eddy

Actors Being Looked at For Recurring:

Brandon Barash

Jason Cook

Julie Marie Berman

Actors Recently Let Go:

Megan Ward

Rick Hearst

Actors Who May Be Let Go (this is dependent on fan response over the next few months. These two will either stay on contract and front-burner or be let go. No chance of recurring.)

Ingo Rademacher

Sarah Brown

Actors Whose Characters Will Be Phased Out Before Fall (according to budgetary deadlines):

Greg Vaughan

Jacklyn Zeman

Jason Cook

John J. York

Lisa LoCicero

Drew Cheetwood

Rebecca Herbst

Sonya Eddy

_______

I do believe that fan response can save Ingo, Sarah, Brandon and Julie. Everything else on this list is pretty much a done deal. This has nothing to with the writers and execs feelings about any actor or character. It has to do with which characters they feel they can develop story for at this time.

As for fan response, what has been reported here seems more geared at making this board happy than anything resembling the truth.

Spixie - The pairing gets a positive response but the Adventures of Spinelli has recieved a large and loud backlash. Expect to see the pairing continue but not in the same front burner capacity it has been.

Scrubs - Mixed response but more negative than anticipated.

Jasam - Mixed response but more positive than anticipated.

Luke and Ethan - Very negative fan response. Writers are scratching their heads trying to find a way to make this storyline more palatable to the audience as it is a spring baord for much of what is planned for Luke and Tracy going forward.

Winifred - Character will be exiting soon due to strong fan dislike.

Rebecca - Fans are warming up and seem to be pretty evenly divided between those who want her with Nik and those who want her with Lucky.

Fans are also confused about the sudden halt to the LNL2 reunion.

Extremely negative response to the Sonny/Claudia pairing. There is almost no fan support for this couple although it looks the writers will push through with it anyway.

I have also seen alot here about the Lulu/Ethan buzz which puzzles me since it is pretty much non-existant.

Alexis - There have been a lot of calls recently demanding a storyline and love interest for her.

There are always alot of calls for more of the Quatermaines.

A storyline was pulled for budget reasons.

Trevor is Johnny's Father

Two actors in peticular are unhappy with their current storylines.

JMB

- Unsure of her place on the show at the moment. She's not on the rollercoaster high she was on when Johnny/LuLu were the 'it' thing.

KeM

- Happy with her increased focus but fears regression of character. She was hoping her character would branch out. She's already voiced her fears about ending up stuck back in the 'penthouse' again

Frons has made some new demands about two actresses.

Give Nancy Grahn something to do

- With some upheavals on the horizon, and fans consistantly upset- Nancy is being pulled off the shelves curtesy of Frons. More or less Guza has been told 'Give her something to work with NOW.'

Make Sarah work in Sonny/Claudia or pull out the stops with something new.

-Guza is planning on the Michael SORAS storyline as being that remedy.. one way or another.

Now personally, I would have preferred to see TC removed from the safe list and have GV put in his place, but I can't have everything. Interesting about JMB - she's the one I want to 'save' from that list. I can also see SBr being gone - after this long I don't see how they are going to make it better without changing Sonny completely from Revenge Boy to Shared Responsibility Man. Not going to happen. I like Claudia, but she's pretty much became a bust when they put her back in Sonny's World. She Carly-dark, and pretty useless as characters go.

From the above list and what we see on screen, I'm predicting that the stories will go something like this:

1. Tracy/Luke/Ethan (side order of Lulu/Lucky for the time being)

2. Rebecca/Nicholas/Monica/Edward (side of Lucky)

3. Sonny/Carly/Michael/Claudia/Jax (side of Jason/Monica/Edward)

4. Sam/Jason/Spinelli/Maxie (side of Alexis)

5. Robin/Patrick (side of Liz/Mac)

If the rumours about WK are true, and he come back, we could be getting some Ned/Tracy/Edward (side of Luke/Monica) too. The remaining Quartermaines are pretty secure.

I know the cuts will be painful - especially if your's is one of the favourites, but from a buisness perspective with the largest cast in the industry, I'm not surprised but this at all.

• Members

Remos, I am HIGHLY skeptical of that list above. JMB is their next Laura... no way they would let her go recurring. KS may take JMB's role as 'presumed heiress to all things leading and wonderful on GH,' but no way they would bump her down that far. Same goes for Ingo. I can't believe they'd bump him down. As for nobody liking Clauson... I can't believe that's true. There is a heat there that is just nuclear. I suspect your poster simply doesn't like them. They are wonderful.. and are definitely destined to be the next LuNacy. Definitely.

• Members

LB, we have to be highly skeptical of everything we see. Even though there is heat in ClauSon there is also the matter of a bullet and a child. As for JMB, who knows. I like the girl but it seems TPTB don't know what to do with her right now that they've killed the mini-ewcbo foolishness.

But at any rate, the canning of MW and RiH, the recurring of SH and JJY along with the acknowledged GV and BH doesn't surprise me in the least. IR is only there by the grace of CarJax, and if they are writing Jax knowing about Michael but not telling Carly, that is a HUGE reason to break them apart. The rest are expendable storyline wise.

JE is tied to TG. Knowing that he has signed for 3 more years and that she's not up for renewal until next fall at the earliest, makes me comfortable in my easy chair as I watch the excapades on GH, the behind scenes and on the boards.

• Members

No Tracy...

Scrubs - Patrick making excuses, Robin making bad choices

Spixie - continued reunion (Maxie tells him about garage and potential sex with Johnny, huh?)

CarJax - wedding plans, blissful living

ClauSon - post-coital mob/party talk

JoLu - dealing with Kate and Crimson's expectations

JaSam - still working on this problem called Spinelli

Diane sighting - brings post-nuptial agreement for CarJax, and she gets line of the day. CarJax says they don't have a pre-nup so why would they need a post-nup, 'cause they are going to stay married forever. Diane *laughing* "Sorry... how many divorces are there between the two of you? We're working on double digits now."

Someone is watching the DVD from Jerry, and we find out that someone is Rick.

And Jason might actually get a brain!

• Members

More stuff of intrigue on SD....

Frons is going to flex his muscle even more around GH. He is not happy with the ratings and the viewer complaints. Scrubs are a big concern for Frons. Be is not happy with the response from Robin's PPD arc and wants Guza to fix it. He also wants NLG to be given more to do. Her fans have been very vocal to Fron's office. Frons is also upset about the response from the younger set. In general fans are not happy with storylines. Fans will soon begin to see fixes in the Spixie story. Spixie fans should be pleased. Guza wants to salvage Jolu but Frons believes taken too big of a hit. The Johnny character has gone way down in support. Frons adores JMB and feels if he is going to successfully remove her from Jolu, the time is now. He likes Lulu/Ethan and is working on TG. The redemption of Claudia has not been well recieved at all. Frons is giving Guza one final chance to change it around.

Seems in line with what I've been reading - perhaps it's even the same insider.

But who's writing this show? Why does TG get a say on a couple pairing? Love the man but geez, do the job YOU are paid for, not someone else's.

EDIT

LB and others, here's a CH interview: http://www.ourprattville.com/node/3215

EDIT AGAIN

To say this is GOS is an understatement, but I enjoyed it and thought I'd pass it along. From SD....

Sorry for leaving so abruptly.

Johnny and Lulu aren't apart when she marries Ethan. Lulu and Ethan are searching for Tracy and Luke who've been kidnapped.

Edited by remos

• Members

pops in*

Plot points from now till the last week of March

Tracy confronts Luke about his plan to scam Edward. -- hi tracyFan; tracy scenes!!!!

Kate tells Olivia to tell Sonny the truth.

Jax keeps Claudia's secret from Carly -- and feels guilty.

Jax tells Carly that Jax is alive.

Sam destroys the FBI's evidence on Spin.

Robin admits she is sick

Robin's troubles are far from over.

Robin needs advice, so she goes to Jason.

Nik is reminded of Emily's battle with cancer when Rebecca awaits word on a mammogram.

Rebecca gets her results.

Ric blackmails Claudia to give him a position of power in Sonny's organization.

Sonny nearly catches Ric in Claudia's bed.

play nice

FoJMMF

*pops out*

Constance Towers Checks Back into General Hospital (from TV guide)

Ultraglam superbaddie Helena Cassadine returns to General Hospital April 13 just in time to screw with the hospital’s computer system and ruin the grand opening of the new nurse’s station. The killer granny – played by Constance Towers – will plunge the ceremony into darkness, then appear on the monitors to announce she’s back to raise hell and wreak vengeance on her grandson Nikolas (Tyler Christopher). Chaos ensues.

“I marvel at Helena’s extraordinary computer capablities – especially when I can barely send an email,” says Towers, who’s just about the nicest lady in show biz. “If I ever had to actually use the dagger they have Helena carry around in her purse, I think I’d be in terrible trouble!”

The always-busy actress also guests on Cold Case on March 29. “I play a woman who learns that her husband, killed 50 years earlier, was actually a black man passing as white,” she reports. “At the end my character says, ‘What kind of world did we live in that he felt he couldn’t tell me?’ It’s much more than a murder mystery. It’s really a story of our country.”

Next up for Towers is The Awakening of Spring, airing July 31 on the gay-themed on demand channel here! It’s an adaption of the 1891 teens ’n’ sex German play “Spring Awakening” (the basis for the hit Broadway musical) that’s set in the American Midwest at the turn of the 20th century. Towers and fellow suds villain John Aniston (Days of Our Lives’ Victor) are seen as the freaked-out parents of the lead kid, Michael, played by former soap fave Jesse Lee Soffer (As the World Turns’ Will). This being here!, expect ample nudity from the young ones.

• Members

:lol::lol: Doesn't matter - just the fact that someone can come up with it was worth bringing it here. I got stopped at the Lulu/Ethan marriage. If TG has to be 'worked on' (I know what he want, Hooked, I'm just saying he shouldn't have that kind of power over other characters) you know a discussion of their marriage is certainly not happening. Now LuNacy being kidnapped by Hells Bells..... ya know, not totally outside of the realm of the plausible. We saw Tracy sick for the first time - didn't think that would every happen either. Being married to Luke puts a big bullseye on her chest.

Mine too, Lisa. I'm not sure how much of that is accurate, but the list of safe characters and recurring characters certainly seems legit to me. When was the last time we saw Epiphany? I brought that over specifically to underscore the status of JE - last year there were many upset people when it was suggested TG was leaving and I knew he wasn't, but didn't have the evidence. Unfortunately without TG, JE wouldn't have a story.

Outside of the Helena bit from her article, we are also getting no spoilers about April and the re-opening of GH. I just hope they dress Tracy a little more in line with the biotoxin bit, and not some overly flowy piece of fabric that's 3 sizes too big for her. Hey... that's a suggestion to management: save costs by using less material on Tracy's clothing - she can still be modestly and fabulously dressed while being tailored!

EDIT

And here's a little more grist for the mill from DC.....

Are the Quartermaines actually getting a storyline? RUMORS have Tracy accusing Luke of trying to scam Edward. What's this all about? I'm not completely sure but there are RUMORS out there that Ethan will try to pull one over on the Q's. Will Luke want in on the deal? Nikolas and Monica are worried about Rebecca.

CRAZY and RANDOM RUMORS… The Q’s, Elizabeth, Luke, Alexis and Lucky all have a part in Helena’s return.

Edited by remos

• Members
StPatricksDay2.jpg

No Tracy...

Spixie/JoLu - still struggling with who knows what about the garage, working together for Crimson and Spin's hiding at their apartment
Stalker-Nic - ssdd (boy's certainly obsessed with Not-Emily)
LuRe - after their night out, Nic not handling it too well
JaSam - back from CA and still working on the Spin problem
Winnie - trying to be Secret Agent Woman (not working btw)
Rayner - putting screws to Jason (declares Spin Armed and Dangerous - which Spin takes as a compliment and assurance that's he's 'The Man', stuipid boy)
Kate - being her bitchy self

Alexis sighting - trying to protect Nic from himself then spends time with Sam (nice Mommy/daughter moment), and finally with Rayner in his office.

I could go for Rayner and Alexis!