• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I still say a nice, long, sit-down chat with PM would clear up a lot of the confusion.

Edited by Khan

• Members

LOL!!!! Cuz you know I will completely and utterly queen out when THE queen shows her face.

Please register in order to view this content

That said...I'm sorry to hear you are stepping back. Though I understand. After the PM announcement, I did. I have been playing catch up over the last few days (watch out, June Thread, I'm entering hehe), and watching it...funnily enough PM really does seem to be doing the Rules to me. He took characters that were doing nothing on the canvas (Alexis, Drew and Nina, Ava, Dante) and actually using them. They are not all my favorites and even now there are some that will never be my favorites, but I cannot say that I am not liking the stories in spite of the battle behind the scenes. 

If I have to pick something that I have loved seeing it has been the story of Alexis fighting to get her lawyer license back. They don't give NLG enough to do. And I have loved her reinventing herself as a publisher. So it seem old school soap to dangle the carrot of her law license back. And it started small. And I felt all the beats were played. It has had a beginning. It also had a juicy middle by introducing yet another Byrne brother...the very reason Alexis lost her license in the first place by a brother I felt was inspired. And then the added twist that Ava was doing this all because of Julian. It just really brings in so much of Alexis's history. And I would like to see the ending, but I don't feel we are going to get the ending it would have been. 

I could say the same about the growing Dante and his conflict between being a good officer and Sonny's son. I could say the same about Drew and Nina who I called from GO for hate sex and now look at them. Sonny vs Laura/Anna. I feel like those all had good, small beginnings and we are hitting the middle of those stories. But now...alas...

I'm curious if it is going to be like B&B for me where I was about to tap out and then something grabbed my interest or the acting grabbed my interest and I kept going. 

Same.

• Members

While I most definitely don't want those fan wars back...I cannot help but observe that if there was ever a time in Jason's history for it to happen again...now would be right...outside of the FBI/Pikeman story, Jason really does seem like all he wants to do job-wise is the coffee...which is a legit business. 

Given Liz's major issue in later years was the fact that Jason was married to the mob...perhaps she might give him a chance once/if her and Finn break up. 

• Members

I wouldn't put a Liz/Jason pairing at the top of my list of things for GH to do, but I don't think it would hurt the show much either.  Liz has been put in worse pairings and situations for years now.

• Members

tbf, I don't think it's at the top of the writing team's list, either.

Please register in order to view this content

In fact, it's one of the things that has confound me.  Cuz I can't decide if it's a case of slow burn, another tease, or just co-parenting their kids...who have vanished so I guess the kids being touched on and the consequences of their fathers was a PM thing. 

• Members

Those fanbase wars have been raging ever since Steve Burton appeared. Liz fans are unbelievable. They blame Liz not having story they want her to have on Carly. When it's all about Becky. 

And, Jason & his office & the coffee, all that is, is him being out in the open, like he was told to do. Literally make a target out of himself, to try to draw Pikeman out. It has absolutely nothing to do with interest on Jason's part. 

• Members

Oh, no...if you were around for the ORIGINAL war...it was much, much worse. So much so...I WASN'T there and I KNOW of it. The viciousness was that real. So this year...is probably light compared to that.

Well tbf since I am catching up...Jason is in the open also to be sure Sonny's name is attached to a legit business...as he told Sonny to his face. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Have you been on twiX anytime in the past month? This is the worst I've ever seen. Even worse than the wars that caused GL to simply get rid of Danny & Michelle & Robbie for several years. There's just no way that this kind of hatred, bad behavior, mistaking reel and real, etc. is light. I've been online since the late 80s & I have seen some sh*t & this is the real mccoy. 

I did not realize that people didn't know the Jason related fanbase wars are well underway. 

Yes, he did remind Sonny that it is the only legit business he has. Trying to get through to him. 

In terms of what Jason may consider doing after this is over, I have been one who has wondered if he & Spin might create a Security firm together. That is entirely speculation! 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
spec

• Members

No, but honestly Liz/Jason were never a priority for any regime lol.  For all their fans and all the years they've teased the romance including giving Liz/Jason a kid I don't even remember a time they were "officially" together in a relationship lol.

I think the show is leaning towards going with Carly/Jason, but I genuinely don't see how that's a more popular option.

• Members
Posted (edited)

There are a great many Jarly fans. However, it's offset by the Carly Haters. So, there's Liaison (Liz/Jason) & JaSam (Sam & Jason) & Jarly & anti-Carly. There are Sam fans who are torn because they really do like Sante. There are Jarly fans who want whatever they can have, however they get it. But, there are Jarly fans who are quite content for them to be best friends. Liz fan are probably the most complex because they desperately want Liz just to have some good story that is her very own although, they all agree they want her freed from Finn. The anti-Carly group is the most simplistic. They bitch about Carly non-stop, insist that she is on every day & intrudes on all stories. They cause Carly to trend constantly. We keep asking them how we can see this alternate feed that is All Carly All the Time!!! To hear them Laura has more power behind the scenes than anyone. They can be quite amusing, although that is not their intent. One of them (fem_magic) announced when she arrived that she's here to make sh*t up & cause trouble. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
fixed it