• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

Can we not resort to using memes or even commenting whatsoever if we can't respond to others in a respectful manner with our words? I'm not ready to deal with B.S. right now.

• Members

Frankly, Frank is the common denominator for why this show has sucked through several writing regimes at this point. I’m not sure why ABC and Varni don’t see that and continue to safeguard his job.

Van Etten back is not going to change a lick, and Korte has been on staff for like 30 years - she’s a company woman that will write whatever she’s being told to write. 

• Members

Because structurally he's keeping the show on air and profitable, and they're clearly not interested in finding anyone else who could possibly do that.

• Members

It has felt very similar from the beginning. And I say that as someone who found a lot of improvement in the show and that the glimmers (I think) of what PM was trying to do mostly worked.

• Members

I think the days of soaps being that level of competition to each other, or anyone else, are long gone, although if it gives ABC an excuse to pull the plug and put on GMA Part 394 they might try. Ideally I would have thought that they brought Mulcahey in and made some other changes, like dumping Howarth, because they knew they had to shape up with a new soap on the way, but clearly that isn't the case. 

Good a writer as Mulcahey is (even if not necessarily as headwriter), he alone was never going to be enough to genuinely fix the show. I guess that will never happen, but if it does, it's going to take a big turnover. Not Korte, Von Etten, or other grinding mediocrities waiting out the clock.

• Members

I agree with all three of you.  It's clear Frank didn't feel the need to replace Dan & Chris, and resented that the network did (and with someone who had history with GH and a reputation for not being easily controlled), so he did what he could to sabotage PM's work and force him to quit, while keeping Van Etten around as "breakdown writer" for the moment when PM inevitably would quit.  IOW, whether or not PM was "headwriter material," the deck was too stacked against him anyway.

Whatever.  I'm choosing to look ahead to THE GATES (where I have no doubt that PM will land, as a writer on Michele Val Jean's first staff) and saying sayonara to the rest of these sorry-ass shows.

In a way, I hope it is.  Because, it's clear the industry doesn't want an intelligent writer like him around anymore.  Years ago, I said he was better off trying his luck in primetime and streaming shows.  My opinion still stands.