• Members

But okay. If its the current mood - take me to the cross and burn me. I said the most offensive thing in the forums history - that some things should be ready multiple times to be understood.

How baaaad of me!

Now get back to wishing actresses leave their job because they don't act like you want them to. And leave me to be... The Bad... One.

God almighty

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No worries.  No meltdowns or panic attacks here and I do think @Liberty City had valid points.  It's just suggesting that other posters can't comprehend simple nuances and other points of view that disagree with yours seems a bit condescending, but if that wasn't your intention I can believe that and move on. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

[Ahem] uh, we are NOT having an off topic rant here. We are discussing actors on our shows who are not comfortable playing love scenes. And, a bunch of us think it is not okay. Capiche?

And about Steve Burton, people talked about him & it endlessly & it has been noted how many love scenes he has done at DAYS & also how good he & TB are together. And, they have even attributed that to trusting each other because they have known each other for so long. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
one more thing

• Members
Posted (edited)

No, Steve should've been fired for several things including dictating story for decades, and I still don't need him on this show.

What AS is asking for BTS does dictate more than style choices, it also dictates story and material and what kind of material you can write for her. As I said BLQ can easily be a Lucy Coe-type character, where in her golden era her sexuality was a core part of who she is and what she used both in business and in romance. If youthful material involving sex or even essential intimacy is unable to be written for Brook Lynn Quartermaine it hampers story. So while her issues are considerably less egregious than Steve's many lapses of judgment BTS, I would still let her go if this does not change.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Just for the record in "off topic rants" I meant the disagreement about my read it twice comment. Not the topic of the actors. And I think everyone got that. It's obvious since I am replying about that comment specifically.

• Members

How does JS & AS asking not to do love scenes on camera dictate the stories they can have?

Gregory didnt have sex with Alexis or Tracy and they all got story

OTOH, All Joss & Dex did last year 2023 was have sex and there was hardly any story

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yes. Thank you for this. No harm meant. We are grown ups... So it should be easy to disagree without aggression. 

Edited by Maxim

• Members

Here you go showing us you've no idea wtf you're talking about. Steve Burton has gotten tons of smoke from fans especially on message boards and Twitter over his don't take his shirt off policy & not doing love scenes. He has been roasting by fans & non fans over it. In his defense which I feel dirty doing he has done love scenes despite that stupid stance. See Britt & Sexcio as Jasam fans call it. It's why his shirt coming off for Britt wasssss such a big deal. 

You know what they say about assuming

• Members

Anyone who has a long enough memory knows it was truly nuts to watch Jason hit it twice in a year with two different women. Steve had not gotten down like that onscreen in years. I'm not sure even the Liason ONS in the mid-2000s was that explicit (though it might have been), and there it was a woman Jason had a long history with.

• Members

I don't need him on, either. He fired himself with the decision he made in 2021, and that's where he should have stayed: gone.

Setton seems fine with kissing her love interest, and he seems fine with it in return. I see nothing wrong with them kissing, and the camera panning. It's the suggestion of love-making without having to film anything suggestive. To me, it's not a fireable offense if someone does not want to perform a scene which would explicitly depict a sexual act. I know others feel differently, and that's their prerogative. But I wouldn't have a problem with it if I were a producer.

• Members

Can they write a wedding night sequence? Apparently not, judging by the past week.

Can BLQ have a steamy affair with another man despite being married or (in future) single? Most likely not. I can go on. How long you got?

Gregory was a senior citizen who has literally spent the last year dying before our eyes.

• Members
Posted (edited)

If AS is still BLQ if an affair happens, they can do a kiss then a pan and not show any actual sex scene. Affair can still happen. 

Edited by John

• Members
Posted (edited)

Hands touching can be incredibly sexy when the talent knows how to play it. These two decided their boundary wasn’t just bedroom scenes, but a feeling of sexiness at all. They don’t even exchange longing looks, they feel sexless. And that has nothing to do with wanting her to film bedroom or unclothed scenes.

And for me, that means they shouldn’t be sold as a huge romance.

Balance the show out a bit- if there was something hot going on it doesn’t put all the pressure on them. Spencer and Trina helped, because you had two performers that did get the subtext and played it- passion. And again, I’m not just talking about in bed- that leap into Spencer’s arms was hotter than anything BLQ and Chase have ever accomplished. And I like the performers!

Edited by titan1978