ALL: Novels based on soap operas

• Members

I still have my copy of Hidden Passions from 2001. The marketing of that book on the show was pretty good and I loved the story that went along with it on the show. The novel did a good job of expanding the back stories of the parents. My only quibble is that the ghostwriter did not know how to write in Timmy’s voice at all, although those Timmy footnotes were appreciated.

I also had the two Days novels by Sheri Anderson that focused on John and Marlena and other supetcouples who weren’t on the show at the time. There was supposed to be a third one but it was cancelled I suspect because John and Marlena returned to the show. 

I understand there were novelizations based on Days storylines as well.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked what Sheri did with those novels in 2009-10. They gave John and Marlena another kid in those, right?

I tracked down most (all?) of the novelizations of 60s-70s stories a few years ago and did a big blog post about them, if that's of any interest: https://whathappensinsalem.wordpress.com/2016/01/13/a-novel-idea-the-early-years-of-dool/

Edited by Michael

• Errol changed the title to ALL: Novels based on soap operas