GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

If only you people could remember this more often, it'd make life so much easier!

But seriously.  Drew developing a sexual attraction to the woman who turned him into the authorities (and vice-versa) sounds twisted af, but it's exactly the kind of edgy, heat-generating psychosexual drama that was GH's stock-in-trade in the past, and what the show desperately needs right now.  It doesn't make any sense, but it doesn't need to: Drew and Nina can't stand each other now, but they can't get enough of each other either.  As long as you keep it all kinky and envelope-pushing, and you don't water it down the way Valentin and Anna have been watered down, that's all ye need to make that combo work.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Did we ever get confirmation on who the scabs were?  Could the strike material be from PM and Korte? I don’t know the ins and outs of strike or unions, but would Korte be able to cross the picket line to work secretly with PM and no one know?

• Members

I never saw anyone say who the scab writers were. I tried to find out. No, not possible. 

The strike material was not by either Korte or Patrick Mulcahey. Korte was on strike like the rest of the writing team & PM was living presumably comfortably with his husband not involved at all with any soap. If Korte had written during the strike which she would not have done & which the show would not have allowed she'd have had to secretly do so remotely. But that is an unrealistic speculation, nothing more & not really worthy of consideration.

I do know that there was a rumor supposedly from some of the mostly oddball FB groups that indeed Korte & PM were the scab writers & the reason Dan & Chris were fired was because they went out on strike. I'll tell you what I told some good friends on Twitter who believed this utter nonsense that there is absolutely no truth to it. It is bunk. Hooey. Someone's crazy uninformed speculation. 

Now, I'm not getting onto you for asking the question. Any serious question is valid. 

• Members

Dex was really out here risking it all in the Claudia Zacchara Memorial Forest just to not dime out Michael over a personal beef between family. Who cares? Give it up, twunk.

tf is old man Gregory sleeping in Finn's apartment? The fireplace? Violet the kind of kid to roll him into the flames in his sleep, then turn to the camera for a big close-up on her snaggletoothed grin as Frank smiles indulgently in the control room. If the Finn/Chase clan finally gets banished we'll know Frank is really losing his grip, because it's clear this obnoxious child is his latest young Spencer/Sam Manning/Starr/etc. and he finds everything she does to be a delight. "I need to protheth thith." Ugh.

Willow asking Michael if he's told 'the kids' he's staying for good. Plural? You mean not just Pee Pants Wiley but also your miracle baby that is less than a year old? This show makes me so tired.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I didn’t take it like that, my question was serious. I’m just throwing things out there to make sense of the entire mess.  Back when PM was writing the show, I wasn’t into who was writing what or who created who, so all of the writers blend from back then.  But now that I’m grown and the inner workings of how the show was and is made got me questioning.  Thanks for entertaining my question! Back to hiding, I go.

• Members

Concerning the statement about Spencer returning in May, I am pursing it to see if there's anything to it. Found out it was actually out of a FB group called "We Love Willow & Michael". It's a private group with 14.5k members. Yes, I typed that correctly. Anyway, I have made a request to join. 

• Members

Well, since anyone can say anything on the millions of FB groups, I tend to never care about what is put out there. I mean, it's all completely unreliable and I give it no credence. No one should.

I am still waiting for those pre-taped scenes of Spencer to show up. You think May, huh?

• Members

BTW, not all Facebook soap groups are alike. I know of several that do not fit the typical reputation. But, no, I am not including this one which is an unknown to me. 

This is the IG post that stirred this particular pot.

Please register in order to view this content

So, my application to join said group was not approved. Can't say I'm surprised. I had to lie on the application & I know I've made public statements that would not ally myself with lovers of the Willow family. So, I give up on this pursuit & continue to consider this 0 crediblity. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Val owner of The Intruder. Nina Publisher. Alexis Editor. Very soapy. Gonna be a world of trouble.

Joss: He did 2 tours in Afghanistan & came back. So he can't be gone now.

WTHeck?! That makes zero sense.

Trina: I'm afraid to let my feelings come out because I'm afraid I'll fall completely apart & won't be able to put myself back together again.

That is so totally realistic! And, it's also the way to become paralyzed & that way leads to serious depression.

Trina: Without Spencer there is no color. Everything is gray. And, I don't care. But, what is bad is that I don't care that I don't care.

Brilliant writing for Trina! And with art as important to her as it is, lacking color is perfectly in her ballpark. 

• Members

Wow, Marshall appears to be on the Ozempic plan. He looks absolutely svelt. Stella better get her some of that.

Hey Nina, Phyllis called and wants her gigantic hair bun back. LOL  (Why is there never a mention of Phyllis anymore?)

Carly and Joss must have been directed to switch sides of the room 100 times during their scenes in Dex's apartment. Carly's back is to the door, then Joss circles 'round and her back is to the door. They do-si-do'd all around that room for the entire show. Glad someone on set finally got Joss a tissue for her runny nose.