GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

John, you don't know this man like that. Every actor the show just hired and we found out about 24 hours ago is not a friend. This is just an actor on a TV show. I don't care if anyone on this show is hired or fired if they don't have a viable role to play that makes sense.

I don't see any need for Jagger to return to the show, let alone played by a guy who looks nothing like Jagger. So yeah, I'm fine with him being gone. 

Edited by Vee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just think y'all should stop torturing @carolineg !!! 

Honestly I just went by my reaction to him on the screen. Nothing more. Nothing less. I wasn't in love with him but I also did not have a problem with him. Right, that's not some glowing recommendation. It just is, neutral, beige, so boring if you wish. 

• Members

It’s two things for me- a random name from the past to create fake nostalgia/familiarity for the audience that has near zero connection to the current show (see Jackie Templeton recast, and name dropping Jimmy Lee for Austin), and also the clear whitewashing. That’s two strikes.

It’s not the actor’s fault, it’s the casting by the show. And it should not happen.

And I give zero [!@#$%^&*] about ASJ or Jagger. 

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I can't recall who said it, but it's so true: they could have hired Adam Harrington to play nuJax instead.  At least Jax still has connections on the canvas that could shake up storylines in meaningful ways.

• Members

I don't see any need for Jax to be back at present either tbh. But Ingo was iconic in the role for so many years and you'd need to find someone both strong and hot, and authentically Aussie; an older Dan Feuerriegel would've worked. (No Daniel Goddard!) Still, what would be the point? Jax has had little utility for over a decade - like Jagger, it would just become "Jax is back".

• Members

Exactly! His child is dating a mob enforcer. His ex-wife is dating a cardboard cutout. He has stuff to do right away!

I felt Jax was played out ages ago. But at least he has a real connection on the current show. Truthfully I don’t want any more of these bland people onscreen.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Well, I'll just sit back, wait and see who loses their [!@#$%^&*] and who doesn't when this girl gets cast as not-dead-after-all Karen:

Please register in order to view this content