DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, at least he's fired now lol.  I don't think it's weird that J/M are paired with S/K because I enjoy their friendship even if it's slightly off with history.  Johnny seems like a bit of a mess of a character overall and his purpose/intentions have always been ignored.  I don't think Marlena and John necessarily have a lack of family scenes.  I have actually never thought John/Marlena have been ignored under Ron/Alarr.  They do get story.  It's not peak 90's story, but it isn't John in a coma for almost a year either.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m not a Patch and Kayla fan so it especially irks me. I much prefer John and Marlena’s dynamic with Bo and Hope as well as Jack and Jennifer.

Does anyone know if Eileen will be coming back in 2024 (ideally as Susan and Kristen)? Her appearances as Thomas last spring were the highlight of the year for me. 

• Members

I don't mind Steve and Kayla.  I am not an uber or anything, but I think they are nice.  I don't think anyone will top the John/Marlena/Bo/Hope quad, but I am fine with Steve/Kayla pinch hitting here.

I don't have any insider info, but I think we have Stacey for the time being.  I haven't heard anything about Eileen.

• Members

Eileen is my favorite Days actress of all time so I’m beyond ready for the terrible recast to exit for good. 

Mary Beth Evans always looks like she doesn’t want to be there. She’s always frowning. That’s why some of us mock Kayla’s “Sweetness” nickname by calling her “Sourpuss”.

I’d get rid of them and bring back Shane and Kim instead. 

• Members

Lol But then Did ANYONE understand Katherine Bell????

Please register in order to view this content

that character was a Trainwreck from day one! Her exit after Being pushed out of the Balcony by Somebody in a blonde wig was her best moment  

I never like MBE much in any other Soaps Either! She's Fine On The Bay, But Her Sierra on ATWT Sucked!

• Members

Unpacking the tragedy that was Katherine Bell is for the Classic GH thread, but it was bad.  So against the type of character MBE excels at.  They threw so many things at Katherine Bell that I can't even type out her history.  SN was great as Stefan, but MBE just was bad all around as Katherine.  I generally don't mind her as Kayla.  I don't "get" Patch/Kayla, but they seem to work well together.  John/Marlena are way more my jam here.

• Members

They do. I also follow the admin on Twitter which is where she posts some of her info as well.

Look for Ron’s stories to be put on pause during the strike material. It looks like the fired guy was dictating story to the breakdown and scriptwriters while Ron was striking. However, since the scabs are former writers, the older, veteran characters and couples are speculated to benefit from the strike. 

In the writers thread down below I linked to a post where Errol confirmed that Sheri Anderson’s role during the strike was story consultant. I’m curious to see if she is currently still with Days now that the strike is over.

• Members

Thanks & welcome. UglyX is one of my places, too. Not sure who you mean that you follow there, as there is no admin to #SoapTwitter. I am shallotpeel there. What's her twittername? 

It would be unusual for a FiCore writer to stay on with a show. But, of course Sheri is so much more than just someone who recently went FiCore. 

And, yes, the monster who is now gone was the one responsible for EOB playing Theresa & for the Ava/Harris romance & an unfortunate whole lot more. I love Tamara Braun & in November I was exceptionally pleased with her story, her performance & her outcome. I am really very pleased with Ari, too. I saw that you're big Jarlena & for y'all it is puzzling that John has been so MIA. 

I also saw that you love Eileen Davidson. She is one of my faves. When she did the 5 characters, that was my favorite JER story. It is doubtful she'll be back at DAYS unless its another chance to play Thomas Banks. 

I am one of a group there who are big fans of Wayne Northrup. 

Thnks! 

• Members

I’m fine with Emily playing Theresa because I can’t stomach Jen Lilley.

If Days wants to keep Tamara she should really be playing Taylor and not Ava. Did you know that Nicole, Brandon, and Taylor have never shared a single scene together?

Not into either Roman…I only ever liked Roman when he was played by Drake. 

I don’t see why Eileen can’t do both shows like Wally Kurth does. Eileen was off Y&R for 2-3 months in late summer/early fall so I’m hoping she was filming an arc at Days.

• Members

I haven't been there in ages and didn't personally read that info, but I think they are usually pretty accurate-at least their spoilers are.  

Taylor is a wasted character.  It's a shame they couldn't figure out casting.  I thought NL was better than TB to be honest though.

I loved Wayne's Roman and Drake's.  Not sure who JT is playing but it's not Roman.

I don't think Eileen wants to do that.  I am sure both shows would accommodate her.