Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ehhh…. I’d rather they be miserable then have nothing to do like Ben/Ciara or Stefan/Gabi or even Dimitri/Leo

I find that that plays into his character. 

He clearly wants to have his cake and eat it too, which I think is a pretty good character flaw. It’s a lot better then him suddenly becoming a sociopath, like so many other characters have recently lol 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, you got me there. Them, grumbling & growling at each other is interesting, at least that! More fascinating than those couples & also better than talking obsessively about tablecloths. Although I do not understand why Maggie takes this Constantin fellow at face value when he sets off everyone else's bullshitometers. And, since Salem is really a small town why hasn't he been seen yet in the company of once-called-Jeanie-in-1991 Theresa Donovan. 1991 also revealed GH's Gladys to be Larry Aalamain's sex kitten Gretchen! 

• Members

I'll be honest at this point in time I see no reason for Kate to be on contract.  She doesn't really add much to the current stories.  That could change if Lucas/Rex/Phillip/any of her kids come back, but she really isn't doing much besides talking crap with Marlena.  Do I think Roman/JT should be on contract instead?  No, absolutely not, but I don't think there is a huge argument for Kate's current relevance.

• Members

Finally got around to today's episode.

Given the clip from Day of Days, it would be cool if John & Steve's investigation could tie Konstantin into the Cannon of the Pawn.  Like, maybe he's the one who originally kidnapped John, arranged for the surgery, or set up the poker game where the Pawn was the prize?  IIRC, Steve was in charge of bringing the Pawn to Salem, so it might not take much for him to unveil Konstantin's role.

I had no idea that we'd have two missing babies.  If there is a noticeable pattern with the writing over the past year, things in Salem tend to get very dark right before the holidays. 

I hope you don't think less of me, but any shirtless Alex day is a win for me.  However, following RSW on Instagram, and watching the makeup department covering his tattoos, makes me think it is an undue burden for actors to make permeant marks on their skin when it is their job to be shirtless.  I mean, John Hamm never dyed his hair so the hair people on MadMen had to make him a wig... (aka the only example that came to mind)

Edited by j swift

• Members

How much would your opinion of DAYS change if Leo exited Salem?

For me, it's MASSIVELY. People can say it's only one character, but that's like saying you could put a spoiled or rancid or just wrong ingredient into a recipe and that it won't make much difference. The writing for Leo and the use of Leo ruins that character and his storyline, but also wrecks any storyline it touches.

• Members

Considering that I’ve called him a disgrace to the LGBTQ+ community and offered to give money to Days if they killed him off, I think my opinion would change a lot. And of the people BTS as well

Please register in order to view this content

I think you’re 100% correct about Leo. This character destroys literally everyone and everything that he touches. And the prop writing of him as a “good person with feelings”, when he’s such a horrible POS makes it even worse. Seriously, how is it possible that the Leo/Dimitri pairing ruined Dimitri even more than him trying to kill everybody in Beyond Salem did?

Unfortunately, I don’t see any changes unless Ron is fired. He’s not gonna let this character go. Plus, he’s practically given Greg Rikaart the world with this character, so I don’t see Greg leaving on his own either. My guess is he sees himself in this character, somehow. Which is kinda sad when you think about it. And that he thinks he’s saying “F**k you” to all those dumbass Middle America fans. I bet it never even crossed his mind that LGBTQ+ fans would hate Leo. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

EJ/Nicole fans: Give them a pairing.
Eric/Nicole fans: get them together and give them a baby:
A lot of viewers from everywhere: Get rid of Leo.

Ron:  Make Leo the center of Nicole giving birth.
Ron:  Have the Spectator claim that Leo is a folk hero.
Ron:  Make Nicole mourn her third dead baby.

I am so angry. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

So, today I learned that Leo's actual name is Matthew Cooper (I wasn't around for his introduction, which may be why I don't find him as objectionable) - but - why doesn't anyone refer to him as Matthew?  They all call Patch, Steve, and John, John, so why not Matthew?