WTGH

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Doesn't seem to be any video but here's one track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xui1Ahtohlk

And just to show the ridiculous poor taste disco went into, here's the brilliant, x rated, gay club hit Cruisin' the Streets by Boystown Gang in full (NOT safe for work or around kids or your parents)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RyTYJ16mvg

• Members

Oh..... I LIKE that Dennis Parker song. this is another of my fave disco tunes... it was a fair size hit as well, number 2 on the disco chart, number 25 R&B, number 40 Pop. this video is hilarious cause Mary Wilson is waddling around 7 months pregnant, about to pop her gown:

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I posted her New Yorker profile in this forum ;) I love that writer--and have been a fan of hers for ages. One complaint was my fave song of hers from this new album, the Italo hommage "Anthonio" isoddly only on the 2 disc edition fo her new cd! of course I had to get it, but...

But yeah I have all her singles and albums--have seen her twice ;) glad to see other fans!

• Members

My fave Supremes disco is Let Yourself Go:

Mororder did two great disco albums with the girl group 3 Degrees, who i think actually had tighter harmonies than Supremes (they were Prince Charles' fave act LOL)

Sheena Easton covered this first single on her ridiculous "pink pound baiting" gay dance flop CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QZKZ3eqOXY

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

I had no idea she did a two disc release of the new CD.

I assume the extras on the two diac are songs that she recorded for the Island records cut that didn't make the final cut for the independent label release? I have the Island version of Don't Stop too. I love I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me.

• Members

SOme are and some aren't--Anthonio was done with Richard X for his label in the Spring (and had a great "answer song" from Anthonio called Annie). I posted the article in the pop music review thread (or "revie" lol)

From Wiki:

All Night EP (Special Edition Bonus Disc)

1."All Night" (Annie, P. Epworth) Produced by Paul Epworth

2."I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me" (Annie, H. Robinson, Richard X, T. Kaukolampi) Produced by Richard X

3."Anthonio" (Annie, H. Robinson, Richard X) Produced by Richard X

4."I Can't Let Go" (Annie, T. Kaukolampi) Produced by Timo Kaukolampi

5."Sweet" (Annie, B. Higgins, M. Cooper, N. Coler, T. Powell) Produced by Xenomania

Nearly every song IMHO coulda, or shoulda been on the album. Of course I love nearly anything Richard X and especially Xenomania (yeah I'm a huge Girls Aloud fan) produce.

• Members

The Designer Drugs remix of Anthonio rocks.

And I loved "Sweet" from the original cut of the album. Was so sad when it didn't make the final cut of the album, but glad it's on her two disc release.

I'm jealous that you've had the pleasure of seeing her twice. She has to do another North American tour.

• Members

I admit I hadn't heard much of her originally planned release--I knew the 2 of Hearts cover which was cute, but not essential, and that was it as well as the original Your Love is Better with Girls Aloud doing backing. I think she might do a small tour here this year, actually--she's very sweet, as well as great sounding live, so I'd jump at any chance.