Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Which one?  There are several pastel ones still in rotation lol.

Are you talking about the pink one she wore for weeks and weeks when she returned in 1991?  Because that was a choice lol.  Good thing it's what she's wearing in the most played John/Marlena flashback ever so I get to see it often.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Or, you know, reveal herself to her family and get herself some clothes lol.   I never got her lurking around for so long.  Sure RoJohn's engaged, but people would probably like to know your alive.

I forget what company it was @JAS0N47 would know, but Deidre Hall had a wardrobe by credit back then.  So someone besides Dee had input in that whole situation.

• Members

I wish Linda Dano could take her on a shopping spree. Just to pry herself away from the exact same style would make a world of difference. She's a beautiful woman but she looks dowdy. At least her hair is still okay. I was worried when Jane Eliiot not only retired but moved!

I'm in the camp that loved all of the live music. And I just saw this, serendipity! Liz at Doug's Place

• Members

I actually don't think she looks dowdy.  She looks put together-it's just ugly and boxy and well, butch lol.  I never thought Marlena had great styling, but it's gotten progressively worse.  Her hair and makeup usually look good though and I notice even with the ugliest outfits she's wearing high heels lol.  

But this really isn't just a Marlena problem.  Half the cast wears hideous clothes.  Gabi and Chloe are probably the only two characters that look consistently good.

• Members

For sure.  It's not even that they wear inexpensive items.  Gabi and Ciara definitely wear pricier, trendy items.  It seems like wardrobe lets the actors wear their own personal style whether or not it fits the character they are playing.  MM's Abby wearing every dowdy floral maxi dress in existence doesn't fit the character.  Kate Mansi wore a completely different look.

• Members

And then there are the two Jennifer Hortons: Cady McClain's Jennifer, who looked very chic and age-appropriate; and Melissa Reeves' Jennifer, who looked like a white woman dressing up as Moms Mabley for Halloween.

Edited by Khan

• Members

True lol!  I honestly don't think MR's Jen always looks bad, but the last few appearances I was unclear what she was going for, but pre-Covid I mostly thought Missy did look decent.  I do like MR's hair though right now.  

Kayla/MBE is another one that dresses awful.  Those floral dresses.  I know it's two different characters, but Katherine Bell always looked so sleek.  I know MBE has it in her.

I also think ED's Kristen and SH's Kristen dress completely differently as well.  

There are several actors that do okay.  Lani, Belle, Gwen, Sami, Chloe, Gabi, Ava, Chanel, and Allie generally manage to look okay consistently.

• Members

I can't say any of the men really stick out for me as looking bad.  Will with his sweaters and FS's Sonny with suits had their moments.  I would tone Leo down, but most of the men look decent if only because they are blandly wearing jeans and t-shirts.  

You know who consistently looks great is Leann/Anna?  She always looks glamourous.  It's not the exact right look for Kate/Marlena, but I wish they would take some tips.

• Members

carolineg said: Lani, Belle, Gwen, Sami, Chloe, Gabi, Ava, Chanel, and Allie generally manage to look okay consistently.

What about Kate?

I think Tony looks good, but he just always wears business dress. I think John looks good in sweaters & slacks. It suits him. I think Roman looks like Chris Kositchek & I stop to think why is he serving chowder at the pub? And, does he ever get any sun? He looks pasty.

Edited by Tonksadora
left off my reply!

• Members

Yeah, there is a difference between naturally aging and looking old.  And Anna doesn't look 25 anymore but she always looks great.  On the flip side, I think SSH could spruce up her look a bit.  She's only a few years older than DH and dresses significantly older.  SSH can do whatever she wants, but I miss a more glamourous Julie.  I feel like Julie is a character that would still be wearing high heels and trying to be on trend even in her 70's.