Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Let's be honest with ourselves here: the possession is not going to be a story with a beginning, middle and end.
It is going to be another open-ended tool for RC, just like the face masks, to be able to tell any story he feels like telling without any limitation of plausibility or characterization.
He is using the "Devil" as a get-out-of-jail free card to write things happening that he is too lazy to make happen slowly and organically based on proper storytelling and well-developed characters with motives.
The Devil Did It is so much easier.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

100%. It's been obvious since the Devil entered Johnny - most of the stuff Johnny's done so far isn't stuff that he couldn't have done without being The Prince of Darkness. Maybe if the Devil story had been more about him influencing the Salemites to do bad things (leaving it open to interpretation how much things people did under the influence of the Devil versus how much they're themselves just using it as an excuse), but then there wouldn't have been any need to have the Devil literally jump around inside of people.

As of now, he's just having Johnny do things that he could've done either way, just without having to justify any motives for having him do so.

• Members

If the idea was to have the devil tempt Craig through Johnny (and his "gorgeous" body), why not just have the devil appear (as naked Johnny) to Craig in a dream?  The devil can enter people's dreams, you know!  It would have made much more sense than that scene at HTS.

• Members

Getting caught up still. I’m actually annoyed they showed that flashback of Craig and Nancy in the bathtub, because it just shows that man was actually madly in love with his wife, despite what RC wants us to believe now. Honestly Craig just seems like a prick now. And as others have mentioned, I truly can’t see how Leo of all characters would be the type of man he left his wife for.

• Members

Good episode today.

All this makes me believe even more that most of the story ideas are good, but it’s the poor execution of it that’s really hurting the show.

Glad to see Will interacting with his siblings. He had good chemistry with both of them. 

And as for the devil going into Belle for a while, I don’t mind it

• Members

Will looked very hot today. The haircut, the beard, the outfit. It just worked. I loved his scenes with both of his siblings. I also really like the idea of Will and Johnny not getting along. I'd keep that dynamic even after the devil stuff is over.  I assume we are getting more Will and Allie, tomorrow, but I did like what we've got so far. It took Will a long time to come to terms with his sexuality, so helping his sister in a similar position I think is really sweet. 

I do think there are decent stories on DAYS, but the devil possession story is terrible and dragging the whole show down. You take that out, you have a solid base to build from.