• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

while in her unfinished memoir, ‘all my worlds,’ irna says ‘aggie and i wrote the presentation., when i asked her about her role in the creation of the ‘worlds turns and she downplayed her input — saying that the bible and backstory were largely irna’s vision.

in amw, irna described the division of labor for the first 2 years: irna was training bill bell was on gl, aggie was writing all the  ‘world turns scripts, getting the breakdowns by mail, or sometimes dictated over the phone. 

irna goes on to say that ‘writing 5, half-hour scripts a week became increasingly difficult for agnes,’ and she and aggie ‘began to feel the strain’ of working long distance (aggie was in philadelphia, irna in chicago). so irna had bill and aggie trade places, and that aggie welcomed the opportunity to work on the 15-minute gl. 

• Members

this is the full listing of irna’s materials held at the wisconsin historical society. scroll down to the part 3 of the collection, box 12. pretty sure the material has not  been digitized, so you’ll have to contact them for a copy — not sure of cost.

https://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi/f/findaid/findaid-idx?c=wiarchives;cc=wiarchives;view=text;rgn=main;didno=uw-whs-us0076an

Edited by wonderwoman1951