Ratings From the 90's

• Members

This was the last Memorial Day that CBS broadcast NBA Playoffs.

B&B this week Hunter Tylo debut.

Y&R June 15, 1990 Tonya Lee Williams debut.

B&B June 18, 1990 was rebroadcast as a holiday classic in the 2000s. Caroline asks Brooke to be there for Ridge after her death.

Guiding Light this week Roger and Mindy become involved and Alan-Michael and Blake get married.

Days got a boost this week. It must have been from the shipwreck storyline. I know that storyline was considered the last big action/adventure storyline of the supercouple era.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Is my math off or could there be a missing Guiding Light preemption or double numbered episode somewhere?

According to random script covers:
Episode #10900 aired on 5/3/90 and 
Episode #11711 aired on 8/10/93. 

I know that sometimes the script date turns out to be wrong, if there was an unaccounted for preemption before the airdate, but I don't see anything like that during those periods (just sports and holidays). There's also confirmation here that #11,421 aired on 6/12/92 https://glmanny.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/gl-40th-anniversary-special-1992/ (I am assuming the Primetime special doesn't get an episode number, since it was behind the scenes, not an episode - but who knows!)

When I try to chart out the numbers, I think we need one more preemption to make the dates work? I don't think CBS was doing holiday classic episodes yet as of 1993.

• Members
Week of 6/4/90
ATWT - You have 5.6/21, SOW has 5.5/20  (Monday breakout got a 5.2/19)
AW - You have 3.9/15, SOW has 3.8/14 (Monday breakout got a 3.5/13)

Looks like the removal of the breakouts made ATWT and AW's final numbers higher.

Week of 6/18/90
GH - You have 6.3, SOW has 6.8

I thought this would be a typo by me, but it's a typo by SOW. GH got a 6.3 that week.

• Members

Hmm, the later ones from 1992 and 1993 I did from a different list, where I just checked the calendar dates, so I could have possibly missed a random date somewhere. When I start doing the remainder of the 1992 and 1993 books, that should be caught if I missed something.

• Members

I've just watched 4 episodes consecutive in mid-Oct. '91 including the reveal of "RealRoman" to the members of the Brady family & I've found the episodes to be much better than average, perhaps I'd say stellar. Of course, it' s not the same thing as thinking about how you felt about something in its own time. I could have a bias out of nostalgia or be comparing classic DAYS to DAYS today or it could just be that I'm a longtime fan of Wayne Northrup's. 

• Members

I might have caught the preemption for ATWT and missed it when checking on GL, so if you see something for ATWT that looks like it also preempted GL for that time frame, let me know. I remember that happening once I think with AMC, but I caught that omission and added the preemption to the AMC list.

• Members

DIFFERENCES IN SOAP OPERA WEEKLY CHARTS VS. NIELSEN BOOKS (SO FAR)...

10/23/89-10/27/89: SOW has BB share at 22....Nielsen book has 20 share,
11/27/89-12/1/89: All shares in SOW are higher than in Nielsen book.
6/4/90-6/8/90: SOW has ATWT at 5.5/20 and AW at 3.8/14 (The removal of Monday breakouts for both made ATWT 5.6/21 and AW 3.9/15).
6/18/90-6/22/90: SOW has GH at 6.8 (a typo). GH is 6.3.