Worst fictional primetime couples in TV history?

amybrickwallace

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes...exactly. Pam went from looking classy like Jaclyn Smith circa 1978 to Rick James circa 1981. I wonder if Jhirmack was responsible for that ? Another favorite was the caption "Peter's lack of fabrics". Muriel just gave me the creeps. 

• Members

Ben & Riley on Baby Daddy-awful couple, especially given how he treated her in high school 

Carol & Shep on ER, he was a whiny crybaby, never understood what she saw in that loser

Clark & Lana on Smallville-she emasculated him nuff said

• Members

The Peter one made me laugh too. No man looks good in those types of clothes, aside from hunky football players, maybe. Putting Christopher Atkins, terrific body or not, in them just made him look pathetic. 

Shep was the only man I ever liked Carol with 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I have to say I haven't seen enough of Cally to really judge as a character and she is the best thing to come out of the whole story so far (that may or may not be damning with faint praise), but her being anywhere near J.R.'s vicinity is just a visual I don't think I can get over. And the story itself is indeed so... bizarre.

Sue Ellen's look in this season is incredibly harsh.

• Members

LOL......Yes Kit Mainwaring. I bet he was still cruising Studio 54... er I mean Jimmy's Disco. Since the writers had a hard time making up story for Lucy, I think it would have been interesting to of have had Kit go through with the marriage and have him conflicted, bringing home men he had picked up etc...and lying to Lucy. I always felt he was the original Steven Carrington and Aaron Spelling ripped him off along with the entire show Dallas. Fallon was a rip off of early bad girl Lucy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

I've been watching the original One Day at a Time on FETV. The early years with David Kane made me cringe because he was so clingy. Then, Ann marries her son-in-law's father? Couldn't they have made Sam an uncle of Mark's or something? It's pretty icky to have spouses who are also stepsiblings (though Barbara and Mark were married before Sam came on the show, I believe).

I did like Julie with Max (and thought Mackenzie Phillips and Michael Lembeck had good chemistry). Too bad that pairing was derailed due to Mackenzie's addiction that led to her dismissal from the show - twice.

Archived