Full House Reboot?

KMan101

• Members

Which is why I think "Two of a Kind" came along at the right moment (even if it didn't last past the first season). It was ridiculous still having Mary Kate and Ashley play the same character on FH when everyone knew (thanks to the movies and other stuff) they were twins.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked full house for one reason and one reason only...John Stamos. Even as a kid, he was the main draw for me.

I just so happen to be surfing and saw Girl Meets world. It's doing well, you say? I couldn't imagine. None of the kids are interesting. I mean neither. Well, maybe the very adult like blonde best friend. But that's it. And Corey and Topanga only worked as children then teens. They are lame. I found myself wondering if they always were.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I loved this show as a kid, and at that age I didn't understand why anyone wouldn't like it, but now that I'm older...of course I understand it. It's right there in front of you, staring right back at your face. I have nostalgia for it, and I'll admit I can still watch it every once in awhile (and even laugh with a few joke or scenes..shut up, I can!), but for the most part...oy. I can't watch it for all that long now.

As for the Olsens, while I absolutely agree that they look strange now as adults (and I can objectively acknowledge, even as a superfan of theirs growing up, that they were VERY strange looking children--true story: they got the part of Michelle because they were literally the only babies who didn't cry when the producers held them at their audition--so if you wanted cuter babies as Michelle, you would have had to put up with a LOT of crying! laugh.png ), I also understand completely if they would shun any potential reunion for the show. They auditioned for Full House when they were only nine months old. They have literally NO memories of life before Full House or of before being famous, because their lives before either of those things were before they would have been old enough to remember it! Add in the novelty of them being twins, and how they capitalized on it with their video series/book series/clothing lines/etc. (and I'm not gonna lie, I ate that crap up as a kid), and their experience as child stars is very different than almost anyone else (hell, I would argue ANYONE else) I have ever heard of. Most child stars--Candace, Jodie, and Andrea included--have memories of life before becoming an actress, or even life before being a famous actress (just doing commercials and such). Mary-Kate and Ashley don't have that at all. They auditioned for Full House--their FIRST, and probably only, audition, I might add, unless they had to audition for some of their adult roles MUCH later on--at nine months old, before they would have any memory of it. These last few years, even though they still do interviews from time to time, are probably the most normal they've had in their entire lives, and I don't blame them at all for embracing that (and for avoiding social media).

I should also say that Two of a Kind was actually a pretty fun, and at times I would say pretty funny, show. Mary-Kate and Ashley were probably at their best there (whatever that means), but it was really the adult cast that made that show what it was.

ETA: I should also say that the website Full House Reviewed, where the reviewer RIPS the show apart, has provided me with some of the biggest laughs I have ever had in my entire life.

Archived