Dallas Buyers Club...

ChitHappens

• Members

Really good movie. They hit the ground running and didn't stop. Not too preachy and just flowed really well.

Rayon to his father: "God is helping you, I have AIDS". Wow! I almost lost it.

The weight loss between MM, Leto and some of the women for this movie was really disturbing. Matthew looked like a whole different person.

I would recommend this movie because there is never a dull moment, and that is shocking because movies such as this tend to drag. Ron was diagnosed w/in the first 20 minutes,and this allowed them to really tell the story. Although Ron got a dose of his own medicine [no pun...], again, it was not too preachy. I say this because when the doctor first told him he had AIDS, Ron immediately denies it because it's a gay man's disease. Once his friends learn he had it, they figured he was gay and never told them even though this guy chased women as if his life depended on it. His friends were as disgusted with him as he was with homosexuals. It was realistic, but I don't think Ron's attitude towards homosexuals changed that much, if at all. He, unfortunately, had something in common with them, so if nothing else, he was slightly less ignorant.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I posted in the status bar about seeing this a couple of weeks ago. I was going to make a thread but not sure if anyone else had seen it or was planning on it.

Totally agree that it's a fantastic movie. MM was great but for me the really star here was Leto who pulled me through the ringer with his performance.

The only thing you said that I disagree with is that Ron's attitude towards homosexuals didn't change - I disagree, I saw a huge change in him, beginning from the moment that he and Rayon finally shared a hug.

• Members

Hey VH!

I was reluctant to see it because I've grown tired of that hick, Matthew M. But it was a really good movie and flowed well. The 2 hours goes by pretty quickly. And although I don't know anything about Leto, he was super good! Nailed it, and I wish he was shown more. He had a sufficient role, but it would have been good to see more of the character.

Archived