TV Writers Pick the 100 Best Written Series Ever

Khan

• Members

I didn't see it either, which is too bad, as it's a whole lot better than any other sketch comedy, and it's not really close. I guess this may be about cool points again. (if it is on there, then I take it back)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I grew to hate the character of Carrie and her soul destroying obsession with Big. I even hated the first SaTC film, because of how Big just "dropped out" in being involved in their wedding. I hated, that Carrie had to "learn" how to be/deal with Big and how it was always on his terms. Another poster had made mention, that Big was always around, when he was ready to go back to Carrie, because she would eventually drop whatever and whomever was in her life, at that time, to make herself available to him.

Their relationship (well, most of all the relationships on the show), were never on the same, solid ground and I just thought that it took away from the strength, support and love that the four main characters had for each other.

I never saw Aiden, as being this living saint, who always made Carrie sad about her choices. I saw him, as a nice guy that got screwed twice, by the woman that he fellfor, because she just couldn't be alone OR admit that she wanted Big, no matter how horribly he treated her, throughout their off and on obsession for each other.

I enjoyed reading the list, but I'm so glad OZ was chosen as 101. It seems like critics/writers always forget, that OZ put HBO on the map for dramas, back in 1997. Six to nine months before The Sopranos and SATC aired.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived