OLTL: Thursday, May 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I think its just the way the cookie crumbled that this was a particularly weak 2 day week for OLTL and a particularly strong one for AMC (although I do think I'll be even more excited when OLTL story starts moving because OLTL has done a better job making me care about the characters). You're probably right though that they were frenetically writing around TSJ and RH and the legal issues at this point. If you're a spoiler person, the second week June previews that just dropped sound juicier so that's promising.

Oh and yes to Rachel & Kevin- they fit especially well with the current canvas. I will trade out some of the new casting announcements without seeing them for Kevin & Rachel.

• Members

any of you see the pictures of the actors all dressed up, I wonder what event is going to take place.. I wonder if they'll continue that tomorrow, from I checked not all of the cast was involved especially considering AT's tweets

can I say this still remains of my favorite scenes of the new OLTL

BLax1X8CQAAMlRJ.jpg

• Members

I'm not that concerned about the new additions. Most of them seem like small, non-contract roles. The larger role of

sounds like it will be a big deal, but I welcome that and that story with Jeffrey.

I'm not aware of any new spoilers - where are they?

• Members

I've been kind of imagining Jeff/Nat ever since I saw Corbin & Melissa looking adorable in an interview together. But that could work too. I get the initial appeal of Jeffrey/Destiny because she needs a nice guy and Matthew needs to seethe over his roommate banging his babymama and bonding with his kid but I feel like they could get dull real fast (of course that's total speculation- they could be awesome). I'm hopeful that Jeffrey isn't permanently boxed into the 21 age group for love interests.

• Members

I like the whole Matt/Dani/Des/Jeffrey setup at the moment - I think the pairings all work and have plenty of organic drama to work from for a long time. Matt and Dani are hot, Jeff and Des are sweet and Matt and Des have history. But I wouldn't mind them branching out later on.

• Members

When you break it down like that, I totally agree (and feel like Michelle is not needed). I just feel like Jeffrey will play well anywhere you throw him (and is unrelated to the entire canvas at this point anyway) & Corbin and Melissa were just both so cute together in that one interview.

Oh the spoilers- I found new ones at examiner.com (though twitter) for the week of 6/9.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I enjoyed most of this episode. The highlight was the poker game, which felt like a genuine family conflict, with no big fake melodrama, and no pat ending. I wanted Bo to tell Clint he is the last person to talk about what's best for Matthew, but the show may be ignoring the way Clint happily destroyed Matthew's in OLTL's last year. I can't blame them. I loved the friendly banter with Bo and Nora over their wedding, and even David's part was OK, with everyone insisting they wouldn't let David film them. And the talk between Bo and Snoop Lion was surprisingly touching. As Hank apparently no longer exists, Snoop is the only real friend Bo has.

I'm glad Natalie was smart enough to realize a drug deal was going on, and the kiss with Cutter was kind of hot, although that dress was so wrinkly. I'm a little confused about whether she is supposed to like Cutter or be repulsed by him.

I am having a problem with Blair being so oblivious about what is going on in her club. The sitting around for extended periods agog at the horny couple was especially difficult to believe - Blair would have known there was something else going on, possibly drug-related. She's a grifter. I did like her song - it was a different type of material for KDP and suited to her range. Now just get her out of that outfit that does weird things to her bustline.

The Matthew/Dani story is so repetitive, and I just don't believe Matthew would be head over heels for the Internet girl, but Dani's frustration with him is very believable, her going out to the club to lose herself, etc. His reactions to her acting out are also believable.

This was the first Jeffrey/Viki scene I enjoyed, the first where he seemed like a real person. Of course he would think Viki was just too old to know how to work a computer. I love that Viki mocked him for this view.

• Members

I'm fine with them forgetting Eddie Ford and Matthew's involvement but at the same time, it makes so much more sense that Bo/Nora are kind of soft on Matthew's douchey behavior because they feel guilt (warranted or not) about the Eddie mess & the coma & huge relief that he's alive so it might be worth referencing. At least the coma.

I miss Hank! And all the Gannons actually.

That was a good Jeffrey/Viki scene- I like how he sometimes patronizes her but yet always seems totally respectful

You're getting close to caught up!

• Members

I loved that poker game. It was fun, and it built layers to the family drama without pounding the audience over the head.

I think Natalie is supposed to like Cutter. Although any woman with an ounce of self respect would find him repulsive IMHO. Which says so much about how they are writing Natalie. Just kill me now.

As for KDP's bustline -- I believe that may have something to do with her strapless bra slipping around her waist during the song. There was a blooper clip later that shows that she just kept singing like the pro she is, but then after the "cut" she shows everybody that her bra fell off. LOL.

Archived