Discuss Contract Vs. Recuring Status

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, I think Grandpa Shawn Brady hooking up with Julie would have made more sense.

Oh, please say that Grandpa Shawn I'd getting resurrected soon, because I'd LOVE to see this story happen! And I think so would Susan Seaforth-Hayes! You know that Julie can't keep her hands off another woman's man! I'm ready for an outdoor smack down in a mall fountain at Salem Place between Caroline and Julie!

• Members

Recurring doesn't necessarily mean an actor doesn't get health insurance. If you are an actor on an AFTRA show, you work, the show has to pay into the actor's health and pension fund - where it might affect the actor is if they don't work enough, but if the actor works a lot, even while recurring, then they make enough to cover the insurance, but the show always has to pay in to it.

• Members

Production companies do not directly provide health insurance or 401Ks to the actors. Per episode, the show must pay accordingly to the Pension and Health fund for the actor. Each calender year, the actor must work such and such amount of time (earn credits so to speak) before their "vested" (for lack of a better word).

At retirement (or after working so many years, not sure the exact number), the actor is covered regardless of earned credits per year.

• Members

You haven't seen a Y&R contract I take it? Sony Pictures Television provides a 401k match and health insurance to all the actors and crew of the show. This insurance works in addition to the SAG/AFTRA (as they have merged) fund. You should realise that SAG/AFTRA insurance doesn't possibly cover everything for an actor, especially in the case of someone like Suzanne Rogers whose medical bills are high.

Archived