Academy Awards 2012

dragonflies

• Members

Did it annoy anyone else that they used that white background for the memoriam montage? I could barely make out most of the names or professions. It's a shame, because otherwise this would have been one of the best and classiest of those montages in years.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a good montage overall and a good performanve and song choice. I thought the white actually gave it an appropriate softness.

My biggest complaint after seeing years of special tributes to Brando, Ford, even John Hughes was Liz Taylor. This year was all about going back to OG Hollywood glamour yet the woman who was probably the biggest star in the history of Hollywood, who epitomized the old and new with her beauty, glamour and tabloid centric life gets a blip. And was a better actress than any credited her for.

• Members

I don't mind softness but I couldn't see most of the jobs of the people involved. I wanted to know more about them and ended up straining - it was a distraction.

The Oscars seem to be moving away from what they deem to be boring, like the Jean Hersholt Awards. So I guess a tribute to Liz Taylor was too much for them. It's too bad. She certainly deserved one more than John Hughes, who was already given a hundred tributes from the many shows or movies that try homages in his honor (wasn't that the entire purpose of Psych for about 4 years).

• Members

I was thrilled with the winners. The Big 6 were all my picks. Delighted for The Artist which was my pick the moment I saw it, very pleased for the director as well. Jean Dujardin, perfect choice for the win and his French at the end made me laugh. I thought Meryl was a very deserving winner, I thought her portrayal of Baroness Thatcher was right on point and wasn't mean spirited as critics have suggested, it was likely accurate, sad to see Baroness Thatcher fade and lose some of her mental capacity, but it is the realities of dementia and I thought Meryl was terrific and I'm so happy she won. Octavia and Christopher were locks for months, very well deserved to actors who put in their time, especially Plummer who now has the cherry to put on top of the sundae which is his superlative career.

Anna Stuart must be dating James Cromwell because the two were at the Elton John party and I absolutely saw her...since she's hardly on the Hollywood heap I walked right up to her, shook her hand and spent at least half an hour speaking with her. James Cromwell gave me some side eye but Anna delightedly said to him "James! He's a fan! Of mine!" She looks amazing and as if time has stood still for her, not a day older than her days as Donna Love on AW. The loveliest speaking voice and the loveliest presence. She is a vegetarian and swears by sunscreen.

James+Cromwell+Anna+Stuart+84th+Annual+Academy+SHKEpUgPXfGl.jpg

• Members

I'm so glad you got to meet her! I swear Anna is one of the most unappreciated actresses in daytime hsitory. It's nice to know she is so kind in person and that you got to give her such a sweet surprise on Oscars night. Thank you for telling us :)

• Members

Botox, Fillers and perhaps a little Fraxel or Thermage or ultrasound facial tightening. The Botox is obvious, the forehead is smooth, the fillers around the mouth seem clear and the skin is clear as glass and tight. He's also had his teeth freshly whitened. Maybe a hair transplant too?

She seemed very touched that someone would come up to her and say hello and tell her how great she is. A very modest lady and the loveliest smile, she damn near radiates kindness. She's still close friends with Linda Dano.

Archived