OLTL: Comparing video games and soap operas article

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, especially with the emergence of xbox kinect video games can be the life of the party and is definitely a way to enchance family game nights.

I know many people including my family that pulls out just dance during get togethers and all age groups join in. The males that I know young and old play the sports and war games even online and I constantly see lines at gamestop when a new popular game is released. I even know some who excercise with wii and xbox.

I don't see where gamers are looked down upon actually it is the opposite most household have a gaming system, here in NYC there is Dave and Buster's and ESPN Zone both are full of men and females of all ages enjoying the video games.

• Members

It actually seems to me that video games lately have had far more attention paid to them as pieces of art than soaps ever have. Granted I only play a few a year (I was a big fan of the story based Sierra and LucasArts adventure games as a teen and kid, but that genre's more or less dead now, aside from a few decent games like Heavy Rain and Jane Jenson, a one time Sierra designer, and her self published Gray Matter).

Archived