B&B's 25th Anniversary

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mostly thought the recast was down to DTB not cutting it in the role after years of practice. They seemed to try Thomas with a variety of women when Gregory came in and he seemed to tank with them all. I wish they'd taken more time in recasting the role.

• Members
He was hired mainly for Brooke. He joined in late September and by October, they were moving forward with the Bromas story with Taylor catching them together and warning Brooke to stay away from her son. By November, he was already kssing her. DTB has a very boyish charm about him and they needed a hunk in the role to sell this. Plus Brooke helped raise DTB's Thomas. Not that it stopped them before, but going with a new Thomas made it seem less creepy than to have the the same teenage boy she called a son all grown up.

Dayzee was the only woman they tried him with and she's black so she had that strike against her, and the show unfortunately was never going to do much with her. Summer and Madison were purely fluff and are barely characters.

• Members

They tried to put Thomas with Dayzee? blink.png That is all wrong. I'm not in the mood for writing a dissertation right now, but the way they cast and write for black characters is just rife with self-sabotage. sleep.png They know good and well that if they are going to put that kid with a black girl she needs to be at least Lark Voorhees/Stacey Dash calibre for folks to get behind it.

• Members

Didn't they try Amber/Thomas again too? I thought they did.

I don't really see "hunk" with Adam Gregory. Maybe he was different in casting, I don't know. Onscreen I tend to be distracted by his face, which has that melting look the Ford brothers had on OLTL. The photos look better but they're a little generic.

• Members
Unfortunately there's still racism out there. I almost got into it with someone on the CBS boards who said Dayzee isnt pretty enough to be with the Forrester prince and the show should go hire some black people for her to hang out with instead. Not surprisngly Thomas/Dayzee was just filler and they knew they werent going to actually go anywhere with them

• Members

It just gets me because a beautiful girl like Tika Sumpter couldn't even get paired with a black love interest, but got a gay white one instead before getting her sister's leftovers, a marginalized Latino charatcer. You get a plucky supporting character like Destiny but they wouldn't dream of putting her with someone like Jack. She gets the smart assed scrawny punk who doesn't even want her, ditching the black scrawny punk who did, and I say that as a big fan of EA's Matthew. Dayzee like Y&R's Sophia is a very "real looking" woman which I can appreciate, but both on shows with a lot of model attractive white actors. It's odd to me. I just don't get it. Is it an attempt to appeal to their black audience, who they assume is a bunch of "real looking" black women?? If that's the case, these shows should be full of oerweight white women from the Mid-West. Sorry, I'm being a little insensitive, but when I think B&B I think you're token should be on the lines of a Garcelle Beauvais, no?

• Members

What in the world?! Just NO, girl NO!! e5028380.gife5028380.gif She always does too much for the red carpet. Still love her though.

FLAWLESS! Love her hair. Thank you for posting all the pics, Cheap smile.png

I love AG as Thomas and think he's perfectly cast as Ridge & Taylor's son! I also was a fan of him & Dayzee. They were beyond cute & had potential IMO.

• Members

This is a confusing aspect of soaps. Overweight white women are pretty much not allowed. I guess we got Marcie on OLTL and now and then an established actress is allowed to gain weight without being fired (So generous!).

Still, I can't say that TPTB are underestimating their viewers intelligence and acceptance levels. Look how vicious some fans were towards Alison Sweeney and Mellisa Archer and they were hardly big. I think it's fair to say many people don't want to watch "real" women who look like themselves in the U.S. I bet if Hope or Steffy were a size 8, we'd never hear an end to the "fat" reference on some boards.

• Members

OH! No wonder b/c I thought I was going crazy for second seeing some of those girls. My first thought was that they were the models of the show then I was still like I still never seen them before. Thanks for clearing that up.

Archived