OLTL: Nathan Fillion reminisces about the show

• Members

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/news/2012/01/12-nathan-fillion-peoples-choice.html#.Tw8mBURusAo.twitter

Before striking TV gold on Firefly and Castle, Nathan Fillion cut his teeth in the soap opera world. After moving to New York in the nineties, he starred as Joey Buchanan on One Life to Live. After three years — and a Daytime Emmy nomination — the Canadian actor decided to move on and well, the rest is history.

However, Fillion, 40, still has a soft spot for the show, whose final episode airs on Friday.

“I’ve heard daytime [television] be referred to as a stepping stone but I think of daytime as a building block,” he said Wednesday at the People’s Choice Awards in Los Angeles.

“I’ve never worked so hard, I’ve never worked so much, I’ve never worked with so many experienced actors who were willing to teach. Who were willing to impart their experience, their wisdom, and the mistakes they made. It was all there for the asking,” he continued.

“I will never forget any of those people. I am here because of them.”

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree--there didn't really seem a reason for him to come back, as much as I'd love it, but he's always been incredibly gracious with his fans. I've already mentioned on here how growing up in Edmonton, my grandma was friends with his family, and I'd go to some parties he was at and alwys had a sad, childhood crush on him--he was alwasy super sweet to us kids (i think we were ten years younger). I also saw his first couple of years at the Edmonton Fringe Theatre Fest (the first, and biggest one in North America) when he was a part of the late night improv soap comedy they do every year--DieNasty. So it seemed surreal when he popped up on One Life literally under a year after I last saw him. My twin sister ran into him at a restaurant in Edmonton about a year ago and said he remembered her and asked abut everyone and was amazing (she also said she wanted to marry him then and there, but I probably shouldn't repeat that).

• Members

Ha, luckily he never fell into that trap. I admit, purely superfically, my crush on him has waned, but I've never heard anything but the nicest things about him from anyone who knew him, and knows him (my grandma, who now lies here in BC, saw him at his parents a couple of years back and went on about how nice he is).

Archived