Y&R Promo - Billy's Back

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know I love him for some reason. I just find his manners to be so honest and real. He reminds me a lot of Trevor St. John in the fact that he never seems to try to hard and yet manages to fully portray his characters effortlessly. I find his work to be visually quite enjoyable and he never lets a scene fall flat. I think he's quite organic even though I do feel he isn't a strong comedic actor. I find him to be more watchable then Joshua Marrow, most of the male Newman's, Fishers and other miscellaneous side characters. I definitely think he is one of the stronger young male performers in soaps today.

I don't even like Billy (Abbott) . But I do like Miller. However Billy as a character is just so irresponsible and infuriating to watch that I don't think I could ever find him likable as a character. He is a complete and utter train wreck of a person who never manages to get it together. The only good thing about him is that he is capable of being quite witty and charming. But I do agree that BM's Billy reeks of issues and not in the good character study kind of way.

• Members

Worse then the B&B? Days? I think Y&R's cast is about as good as GH's for better or worse and I would say both casts are fairly solid. I don't think any of the soaps are doing too hot in terms of quality casting/acting. Even OLTL and AMC seem to be a lot weaker in terms of quality then they were half a decade ago.

• Members

Yes. B&B has a few bright spots, and I think DAYS does too. DAYS has some charismatic young talent and the older guys usually try, and still have a spark. B&B at least has Don Diamont, and I think JY might have a chance if they write for him. Scott Clifton is OK too.

Y&R is full of the worst combination - men who can't act and men who don't even bother. Stars like Braeden and Morrow set an example with their "When's lunch?" mindset, and others are tic-laden and, as with Miller, don't bother to make any connection with scene partners. Billy will have the exact same reaction to anything, any time.

• Members

I can't think of a single exceptional actor on Days outside the possible exception of James Scott. But I find that even he has run his course as EJ. I think Y&R has at least Christian LeBlanc, Peter Bergman, Billy Miller and Kristoff St. John who are at times exceptional actors. As to Braeden he is subdued but I find that to be just who Victor is he is a man of few words who is very calm, and Braeden at the very least has gravitas in all of his scenes. Which is something I just don't see for a lot of male talent on shows these days. I concede your point on Scott Clifton and Don Diamont being the brightest stars on B&B. But even Clifton's star has dimmed since his star making role as GH's Dillon Q.

The male talent on soaps in general is quite low though. Out of all the soaps still on I would say the good to great actors are slim B&B (2), Days (1), Y&R (6), AMC (5), OLTL (0), GH (4). I would say out of them all though Y&R has a better cast then most.

Archived