GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that's basically it with Sly.  I remember him being tight with Lucky and then he just sorta disappears.  I don't believe an explanation was ever given.  I kept thinking he would pop back up when Nik, Liz, and Sarah appeared.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think some sources have said Sly opted to move back to be with Paul and Jenny around that time. I don't know if it was ever depicted onscreen, or just mentioned in dialogue. I have always wanted him to reappear, but I live in mortal fear that Liz would fûck him too and that's just a few Lucky connections too many.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I have been watching all the clips people have been posting online of JZ as Bobbie. She really was an anchor for the show. I know she had described feeling lucky that she was often in the counterpoint storyline- you had the action stuff, and then you had Bobbie in the more realistic stuff. The show should have always had a place for Bobbie.

It is interesting that we watched both Bobbie and Laura going through a long lost child storyline at virtually the same time, within the same family, and it still was very compelling and didn’t feel like it was the same story. Because they both covered their own territory and beats.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I’ve finally made it through April 1981 after a long break and made it through the first week of May 1981..

Luke and Laura Got engaged! 

As much as I love General Hospital and people who know me know that I even travelled a long way to meet the cast etc. and I do love it.. 
BUT if I ever hear that damn ice princess again when I’m done with it I will kill someone. 

People who watched this live can’t tell me that they weren’t annoyed by how long they dragged this stuff out. I mean the acting was top notch and so was the atmosphere but they started this damn story in November 80 and the heroes nor the villains got their hands on it. Why are they stalling this story so much for god damn sake.. I don’t know why but I preferred the LnL-Frank Smith Story over the Ice Princess storyline so far. Maybe it will change my mind when it’s done but come on. 6-7 months and besides the cat and mouse game between Robert/Luke.. Tony Cassadine’s introduction and the power hungry Alexandria we got nowhere in this story. People complain about these days soaps and their structure of storytelling but it has always been like this lol

my Girlfriend watched a few episodes with me and even noticed how often they say “Ice Princess” and thought we should do a drinking game out of it. But I think I would be dead after 10 episodes lol

i wasn’t that annoyed or ranting when the summer of Frank smith story was on. 

And Alan-Susan’s subplot is moving so damn slowly with their affair and her pregnancy.. But at least Alan tried to fight Alexandria because of the money before getting put back in his place. 

Heather is finally out of the clinic and living and working at Rose’s.. Finally some movement.. Now Sarah is causing trouble.. I am really surprised about the great acting from Sarah’s actress.

i’m quite shocked how many episodes there were between 1980-1981 that featured like nearly all of the cast. The budget must’ve been Hugh’s to feature so many cast member at once. 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Errol changed the title to GH: Classic Thread
  • Members

The Ice Princess storyline was written by Thom Racina acting as a scab & Gloria Monty, EP, during the WGA stirke of 1981, a strike noted for lasting only 3 months. The WGA strike in 1981 began on March 7 and ended on August 7, lasting for a total of 153 days.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Idk what it is but I actually watched most of her run as Barbara and all of her Claire episodes and she was annoying in all of them besides GL. When she joined GL I wa surprised what fresh air she brought in especially with her on screen chemistry with John Wesley Shipp.. But she became annoying there too someday. I don’t know if it’s her acting or the writing but she is just too much in most of her shows lol

and on GH she was just so whinny and exhausting to watch. They could’ve done so much with the Anne/Heather feud tbh but nah. They axed Diana and killed her off and didn’t prop Heather/Anne’s feud like they could have

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

I will never understand why Gloria Monty did not throw out the rape episode & instead in its place tape a real romantic scene. Luke, who thought he was soon to die should have asked Genie to give him one night with her & then eat & slow dance & talk & laugh the night away.