GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember reading at the time that it was kind of an unwritten rule among the various executive producers that no one was going to change the intro. I agree with the poster who said they should have just re-recorded Autumn Breeze and filmed/taped a new shot of the ambulance approaching the USC medical center.

• Members

I try not to think about the Luke/Felicia number from 2001, no matter how much a certain friend trolls me with the video. The image burned into my brain, though, is Felicia dancing around her living room bowlegged caterwauling "Swannee River" rehearsing for it beforehand. I love Kristina Wagner again today even though she's no thespian, but in those days with Luke Felicia was utterly unbearable and adding singing was the stake in the heart.

Edited by Vee

• Members

There are at least two iconic scenes of Terri singing that spring to mind.

1) It is day of her wedding in Laureltown,  Anna is at the train station trying to get to the chapel to warn Terri that something is wrong in this little town, when Terri (under the unexplained influence of the local tainted water supply) begins walking down the main street, in her huge puffy wedding gown, belting out how Amazing Grace had saved a wretch like her

2) Later, when living at Brownstone, Terri bursts into song and somehow the gift of her voice cures Dr. Tony's impotence and saves his marriage to Bobby.  In a very odd scene the next morning Tony thanks Terri for helping to cure him.

BUT give it up for @Vee

Who could forget the cheesiest pop star of all - Sean Donnelly's long lost and soon forgotten son Connor? (cued up to my favorite spot)

Edited by j swift

• Members

This is hilarious.  Is he performing live to his own music video?  That seems...rendundant lol.

I agree the music could be a little cheesy in the 90's and I don't think the Outback, Luke's and sometimes Jake's all needed to be a place people needed to sing live at.  Add the nurses's Ball and traveling to Puerto Rico to see a concert-it's a lot of singing.   Is PC that big of a music mecca?  I get that it's not very exciting to watch other people reacting to people singing, but I loved the idea of Luke's as a bluesy club and L&B as a business venture that Lois/Brenda could do where they actually showed them doing work.

The first few years of the NB worked because they felt like a variety show more with some silly acts.  When it became really glossy and characters that would never perform started to perform it got clear they ran out of ideas.  It's certainly not a nadir of viewing, but why would anyone want to watch Chloe/Jax ballroom dance?  

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Terry's choice of Tania as a bridesmaid seems random

It's sort like when Claudia was Laura's bridesmaid (at her first wedding to Luke) and then they hardly ever shared another scene together.

I wish someone would do a deep dive into the most forgettable wedding party maids or groomsmen of Port Charles.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Eh, they were neighbors at the brownstone and Tony was Kevin, Patrick and Bobbie's colleague. That's close enough for me. If Terry had asked, say, Celia Quartermaine to be a bridesmaid, that would have been a stretch.

I wish I still had my copy of Love, Honor and Cherish to look up GH wedding parties.